I guess that can't can't do much for the USA market though.
    05-31-15 08:52 PM
    I'm a race nut as many times as you see the Mercedes cars, Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg with BlackBerry on it it is seen worldwide.

As said in a prior to bad BlackBerry does not capitalize with ads shown the new BlackBerrys

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 06-08-15 at 11:16 PM.
    06-08-15 03:36 PM
    F1 is big business in many ways, this is a good deal and I hope they extend it. And yes, I'm sure many of the world's top business people are interested in F1. It's great networking.

Ps: it's more than just advertising.

http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2015/0...-amg-petronas/

Via Passport 
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-08-15 03:53 PM
    Interesting views on this thread. I agree that the money could have been better spent on smaller advertisement and sales staff etc. but I also think that this sponsorship has worked it's magic in the circles it is supposed to work especially after Mercedes were crowned champions last season and somehow I think it's in line with BlackBerry's shift to enterprise.
    Being a Formula 1 fan I would love to see this continue but it is unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-08-15 04:08 PM
    ... but I also think that this sponsorship has worked it's magic in the circles it is supposed to work especially after Mercedes were crowned champions last season and somehow I think it's in line with BlackBerry's shift to enterprise.
    It is hard to assess the sponsorship's effectiveness. I don't doubt that the F1 fans who also happen to be BlackBerry fans are excited and supportive of this tie. However, the question is whether this tie has generated new interest in BlackBerry amongst the F1 fans (individuals or enterprises) who previously had no interest. And even if it has, has it been large enough to justify the associated costs!
    app_Developer likes this.
    06-08-15 07:52 PM
    It is hard to assess the sponsorship's effectiveness. I don't doubt that the F1 fans who also happen to be BlackBerry fans are excited and supportive of this tie. However, the question is whether this tie has generated new interest in BlackBerry amongst the F1 fans (individuals or enterprises) who previously had no interest. And even if it has, has it been large enough to justify the associated costs!
    Yep, difficult to assess but what I meant is that it didn't go waste. Expensive (considering the company's situation) most probably but it has hit the target.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 01:06 AM
    As the CEO of one of its major sponsors, wouldn't you at least have expected Chen to be at its homeground GP. I'm not sure I saw him on tv, did anyone else spot him?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 07:19 AM
    Yep, difficult to assess but what I meant is that it didn't go waste. Expensive (considering the company's situation) most probably but it has hit the target.
    Curious, how can you tell "it didn't go to waste" or "it has hit the target"?
    06-09-15 08:40 AM
    Curious, how can you tell "it didn't go to waste" or "it has hit the target"?
    That is because if you follow F1 like reading articles, watching the race etc the first thing you would notice will be an article on Mercedes usually with a blown up picture of Hamilton or Rosberg and it is impossible to miss the BlackBerry branding on them. Even in races, the logo is everywhere like headphones etc. Add to that, both the drivers carry BlackBerry devices when doing promotional activities. So it is impossible to miss it. Now let's be clear, I'm not saying the sales have increased. I'm just saying it definitely hit the target audience and you never know, maybe the target audience went ahead and bought the porsche variant instead of the regular BB10s. Maybe that's why BlackBerry is still making porsche design phones.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-09-15 09:28 AM
    Thorsten Heins was a car nut, thus the F1 deal. Just look at the names of the devices that have a car moniker: Z10, Z30, Q10, etc. I somehow doubt that the F1 deal is bringing in any business, as after awhile, advertisements on cars are just white noise, and I'm sure it's costing BlackBerry a lot of cash. Interesting to see if it gets renewed.
    06-09-15 09:41 AM
    Mercedes� Formula One team and BlackBerry, two businesses trying to catch up with rivals, joined forces in a sponsorship deal worth $12m a year for three years.
    Per Travel & Leisure is was only $12 Million a year for the three year deal.... so a total of $36 Million. But $36 or $45... whats is a few million.

Personally I think it was a good buy based on how well the Mercedes team ended up doing. I bet next year it will cost a LOT more to be one of their sponsors.... thus I doubt you'll see BlackBerry on their cars in 2016. And I doubt that Chen will see any further sponsorship deals as the direction he needs to be going in. He is still very much watching his cash flow. But he is willing to spend money when he see a benefit for his long term goals.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-09-15 09:56 AM
    The F1 fan is different than your topical NASCAR fan. They generally understand the complex make up of Formula 1 Racing. You will not find the same demographics as other racing. It take appreciation and intelligence to really dig down to be one.

That being said, just like the Blackberry phones the demographics are parallel.

So, although it is a lot of money it hits the type of people that would buy a BlackBerry, that 1 percent group. What good is it to pour money on ads when people don't know want the phone? They are like sheep, where BlackBerry user are leaders and focused.

Just my opinion coming from a gear head.
    06-10-15 07:52 AM
    The F1 fan is different than your topical NASCAR fan. They generally understand the complex make up of Formula 1 Racing. You will not find the same demographics as other racing. It take appreciation and intelligence to really dig down to be one.

That being said, just like the Blackberry phones the demographics are parallel.

So, although it is a lot of money it hits the type of people that would buy a BlackBerry, that 1 percent group. What good is it to pour money on ads when people don't know want the phone? They are like sheep, where BlackBerry user are leaders and focused.

Just my opinion coming from a gear head.
    Sheep... why'd you have to go the sheep route?
    06-10-15 09:24 AM
    As the CEO of one of its major sponsors, wouldn't you at least have expected Chen to be at its homeground GP. I'm not sure I saw him on tv, did anyone else spot him?

Posted via CB10
    Chen doesn't seem to think this deal should have been done or that it has a future, unfortunately. It was signed under the Thorsten regime.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    06-15-15 03:30 PM
    Mercedes BlackBerry relationship? How about:

1) First of their kind. Mercedes Benz invented the automobile, BlackBerry the smartphone...
    2) Innovation...
    3) Security/safety...
    4) Technical superiority...
    5) Design...
    6) User experience...
    7) Not every low-budget, bolt-on accessory or app will fit/work. Only if it really adds something to the total value of the vehicle...
    8) Less market share than the inferior competition (Toyota, Hyundai, iPhone, Samsung..)
    9) Hated by the enthousiasts of competitive brands (BMW, Jaguar, iPhone, Android..)

But I agree, Harley-Davidson might have more similarities. HD also used to be one of the worlds largest brands. Then almost went bankrupt by the end of the 1970's/early 1980's. But then got a new management. Changed their strategy. And became one of the worlds top motorcycle brands again! But not from one day to the other. It took a while as will happen with BlackBerry. The true enthousiasts will keep the brand alive... ;-)

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 04:07 PM
    Two Blackberry sponsored machines won the Austrian GP today but do we see anything related to Blackberry in the media? Not even a picture of Rosberg and Wolff holding a blackberry, Mr, Chen unacceptable!! I was thinking of buying some shares but I don't think Chen is the visionary this company really needs.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 09:04 AM
    Honestly, is everything you say laced with negativity, pessimism, and cynicism? You must be real fun to have at parties.

Posted via CB10
    LOL, so if someone is honest in their thoughts regarding a partnership a phone company has made and its not blind worship then they are automatically negative towards everything in life and are a downer at parties? I could make the argument that a lot of people in here are so obsessed with Blackberry that they sit in a corner and play with their phones at every party. What a fun group that must be to be in!
    06-22-15 07:48 AM
    BlackBerry benefiting from its F1 engagement:

Can someone explain the BlackBerry Mercedes relationship?-2565oxk.jpg

Can someone explain the BlackBerry Mercedes relationship?-vg5uf7.jpg
    06-28-15 06:20 AM
    Nice pics. Anyone else notice that he is using the rear camera to take his selfie?

Either he doesn't know how to activate the front facing camera or he prefers the back camera.. or he's using an older BlackBerry that doesn't have one.. I wonder which it is..

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 07:14 AM
    "A Day in the Life of F1 driver Nico Rosberg" video, highlighting his engagements including BlackBerry events and Rosberg showing off his BlackBerry device at various times:

07-03-15 10:37 AM
45 12