You know, you could put people who constantly make posts/threads you don't like, on IGNORE.
    That solves what? The forum was setup to inform and help. Not to flame and bash. So ignore. That did nothing to the 1000s of people using the search looking up a topic. The ignore is only good for personal grief. This is not a battle field its a libary.
    12-03-11 11:41 AM
    That solves what? The forum was setup to inform and help. Not to flame and bash. So ignore. That did nothing to the 1000s of people using the search looking up a topic. The ignore is only good for personal grief. This is not a battle field its a libary.
    Leave the health of the forums to the moderators and owners. If someone is constantly annoying you so much to the point where you feel the need to make a thread about it, do yourself a favor and ignore them and move on. It's only the Internet. Most every forum has trolls, haters, etc...

Ignore just seems like the sensible(to me anyway) thing to do as I dont tend to take too many people or things seriously on the Internet.

War Is All We Know
    reeneebob likes this.
    12-03-11 11:48 AM
    I find that these types of threads and the bashing and flaming posts only happend in the news / rumor forum and the general discussions. And honestly I find the amusing. I don't know why but I do.
    The specific phone forums and app / software forum still have a wealth of knowledge and people willing to help without all this other fuss.
    12-03-11 12:03 PM
    Use the triangle at the top right corner

If a poster is a troll there'll be a consistent history of anti-RIM text, 'not-appropriate-for-a-BB-fan-forum' text, salesman type 'steer clear of BB' text, or anti-BB propaganda text

Don't get into a flame war, just let the moderator know that something 'smells fishy'
    12-03-11 12:09 PM
    I see a difference between being down on RIM ( which right now even a lot of hardcore BB Fans are down on Rim because of it's blunders) and being down on blackberry phones.

I love my Blackberry phone but I am pretty much in a "i'll believe it when I see it" mode when it comes to Rim and their promises.

The Posters that I consider Trolls are those that are Down on the phones themselves and jump into threads for no other reason that to pontificate on how much better their iPhone or Android device is over Blackberry.
    12-03-11 12:39 PM
    I find that these types of threads and the bashing and flaming posts only happend in the news / rumor forum and the general discussions. And honestly I find the amusing. I don't know why but I do.
    The specific phone forums and app / software forum still have a wealth of knowledge and people willing to help without all this other fuss.
    This type of thread? I'm not argueing w/ anybody. I asked a very simple question.
    Its in all the forums. All you have to do is start a thread asking for help or talking about something you like about your phone and you'll jaked.
    I have no problem w/ other platforms starting their own thread and bash. I stay away from those threads. I'm talking about honest device descusion or help. There's no reason you have to wade thru a jumble of bs to get the info you seek.
    12-03-11 04:01 PM
    I do agree with you OP
    This is CrackBerry for BB Addicts
    they can do to wpcentral,andrioid central or tipb
    they just come here to blab rubbish
    12-03-11 04:29 PM
    The worst part about what the OP started which by the way I gave a "LIKE" to is that many people on this site will bash their own BB devices over and over again and in my opinion looking over the entire picture of how long they have been here and other things I look at they are mostly new and they say this is my first BB so IMO it is a matter of not knowing the device and hoiw it works.

Instead of asking an intelligent question for help with their device right away it is the worst device and they should have stuck with the platform they had before.

Of course this gets fed with posts like the OP speaks about and it fuels the fire.

I have been here for some time and got blasted for merely asking why will posters refuse to search before asking questions and posting duplicate questions over and over. I was told there is already a thread for that....Come on!!

Anyway not to get away with things if the tools we have at our own disposal are used then we would not have these worries, let people rant all they want, we have the ablilty to ignore it and it is that simple. I always get carried away but it ticks me off when we get the same posts over and over and no substance to work with rather than an intelligent question that will help them.

I am sorry for the length of my post here but I am passionate at how I feel about certain things on here and this topic is one.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled post....LOL
    12-03-11 04:36 PM
    OP, I just checked your profile in the full site, not the WAP site, since I'm using my BlackBerry but wanted to see how long you've been here.

I see you joined over a year after I did.

Most of the changes are because this site has been around since 2007. Even when I joined in 2009, there really was not much presence of iPhone (only AT&T had it in US). Android was limited to a device on T-Mobile whose name I forgot.

Part of the reason for the changes in the site is because people have moved on. Many of the people who helped me in 2009 no longer use BlackBerry and are indeed gone.
    12-03-11 04:52 PM
    @Lak611

BUT! Those other platforms have their own sites, and I would wager that those who post here have a higher post/day ratio here than on the other sites of the devices they own.

@reeneebob
    These threads exist because people notice how anti BlackBerry this site is, I don't like seeing them either, but they very much show the feelings in the forum, the fact the user has been here such a short period means they don't even know how great these forums are, CrackBerry can be credited for starting my addiction to BlackBerry, had the site had the attitude it has now, I am sure I would never have loved the community, and in turn never have learned the things that made me love BlackBerry.
    Everyone comes for their own reasons, but this is meant to be first and foremost a BlackBerry Fan site, a place to learn about BlackBerry's and talk about BlackBerry's, not a site that needs other phones brought into almost every conversation, you don't see that happening on the sister sites, the Android users don't hang on the iphone blog, or vise versa the way they hang out here.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-03-11 05:17 PM
    @Lak611

BUT! Those other platforms have their own sites, and I would wager that those who post here have a higher post/day ratio here than on the other sites of the devices they own.
    No, I mean really gone. Remember TwinsX2 Dad, fatboy (forgot the numbers that followed--his avatar was either Navy or his cat, since he switched it around), Pilsbury?

There are many other posters who were very active and very helpful around the time I first joined who are just gone now.
    12-03-11 05:38 PM
    No, I mean really gone. Remember TwinsX2 Dad, fatboy (forgot the numbers that followed--his avatar was either Navy or his cat, since he switched it around), Pilsbury?

There are many other posters who were very active and very helpful around the time I first joined who are just gone now.
    Pilsbury is active in the iPhone section.
    12-03-11 05:44 PM
    Pilsbury is active in the iPhone section.
    I know. He is a buddy of mine. I just mentioned that there are changes on this site because there are many people who were original members but are not active here now.

Forever29, maxiang, and Tronyx are a few others I remember who are no longer here.
    Last edited by lak611; 12-03-11 at 05:53 PM.
    12-03-11 05:45 PM

True, there are posters who as they left BlackBerry they left, they had a wealth of OS4/5 related knowledge, there are a couple of posters I too miss, but I am happy they moved on to hopefully help people on sites related to their current platform, and that with their change they didn't stick around to reduce the hospitality of the forum, for that I am thankful of those users who have left.
    12-03-11 05:46 PM
    I know. He is a buddy of mine. I just mentioned that there are changes on this site because there are many people who were original members but are not active here now.
    Yea there are tons of people who are no longer here.
    12-03-11 05:47 PM
    That what a mistake/regret moving to Android thread was mentioned. I didn't see a single Android user say anything close to "Blackberry sucks! hahahaha!!!" However, we did try and offer several solutions to help the OP out. And we mentioned several times that we found our Android devices to be better for US. However, there were a lot of individuals that were insistent that Android couldn't do this and Android couldn't do that. So those of us that are currently using the platform tried to correct wrong information. But on that thread and other threads involving Android, I've seen it spent repeatedly recorrecting wrong information.

I think I see more RIM bashing from Blackberry users than others.

I do remember though that when I had my 9700 and my 8310 when I'd post in the respective forums having a question or needing help, a lot of times I'd get crickets.

Why am I here? Because I loved my Blackberrys when I had them. I've loved my Androids. If Blackberry were to come out with a larger screen, no email truncation, and the ability to really customize things, I might go back. I don't have brand loyalty...I have what works for me and what I enjoy loyalty.
    tack and BoldtotheMax like this.
    12-03-11 05:47 PM
    True, there are posters who as they left BlackBerry they left, they had a wealth of OS4/5 related knowledge, there are a couple of posters I too miss, but I am happy they moved on to hopefully help people on sites related to their current platform, and that with their change they didn't stick around to reduce the hospitality of the forum, for that I am thankful of those users who have left.
    I agree with you.

I guess what I am saying is that there really have not been many "regulars" to take their places. Perhaps, due to the fact that fewer people are staying with BlackBerry long term.
    12-03-11 05:58 PM
    I agree with you.

I guess what I am saying is that there really have not been many "regulars" to take their places. Perhaps, due to the fact that fewer people are staying with BlackBerry long term.
    Also the nature of people,
    Forums are less and less popular for people to share information, more and more people go to youtube and want to watch video's or listen to pod casts vs reading and replying.

Some of the "regulars" to replace those old posters unfortunately are over the top blackberry fans who fight with the trolls, if there was not such a negative vibe, I'm sure they wouldn't be as bad, BUT if they did post as they did now, I'd challenge them. But discussions as to degree of blackberry abilities can't happen, as they become blackberry sucks threads.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-03-11 06:09 PM
    Also the nature of people,
    Forums are less and less popular for people to share information, more and more people go to youtube and want to watch video's or listen to pod casts vs reading and replying.

Some of the "regulars" to replace those old posters unfortunately are over the top blackberry fans who fight with the trolls, if there was not such a negative vibe, I'm sure they wouldn't be as bad, BUT if they did post as they did now, I'd challenge them. But discussions as to degree of blackberry abilities can't happen, as they become blackberry sucks threads.
    That is true. In the past, when most likely a new poster went from a dumbphone to a BlackBerry and asked, "Why isn't [insert native app or feature of OS] working?", the regulars would simply provide help.

Nowadays, if a new poster asks, "Why isn't [insert native app or feature of OS] working?" and says he formerly had an iPhone or Android, the over the top BlackBerry fanboys will accuse him of being a troll, tell him to search, or claim he didn't do any research.
    12-03-11 06:19 PM
    because blackberry is the best, and haters gonna hate the best, regardless

it just the way it is, lol

i don't know, i gots nuthin'
    12-03-11 07:13 PM
    This type of thread? I'm not argueing w/ anybody. I asked a very simple question.
    Its in all the forums. All you have to do is start a thread asking for help or talking about something you like about your phone and you'll jaked.
    I have no problem w/ other platforms starting their own thread and bash. I stay away from those threads. I'm talking about honest device descusion or help. There's no reason you have to wade thru a jumble of bs to get the info you seek.
    You do realise there are at least 10 threads a week just like yours. Hence my enough already. Next time chime in on one of those because they are getting old.

Derusett, you know I love you man, my frustration is getting the better of me.
    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 12-03-11 at 07:59 PM.
    12-03-11 07:54 PM
    There is a lot of negativity. I noticed the start of a huge wave of negativity when the Storm came out. Many BB fans became BB haters because they bought Storm 1s or 2s. I never became a hater, but I sure got frustrated. It contributed to me leaving because I was the rare BB user who did not want a keyboard. I kept waiting for simple things to be fixed.
    12-03-11 08:26 PM
    OP, I just checked your profile in the full site, not the WAP site, since I'm using my BlackBerry but wanted to see how long you've been here.

I see you joined over a year after I did.
    Most of the changes are because this site has been around since 2007. Even when I joined in 2009, there really was not much presence of iPhone (only AT&T had it in US). Android was limited to a device on T-Mobile whose name I forgot.
    Part of the reason for the changes in the site is because people have moved on. Many of the people who helped me in 2009 no longer use BlackBerry and are indeed gone.
    I've been here since 07 I just registered last year? I was reading and absorbing info for those few yrs.I dunno last year I sorta felt like I should give some back. Read my 1st post. Read all of them. I've really tried to help people as well as myself. In my very first thread/post I said I've been in the rafters for yrs.
    Yes there has been changes and that's my point. No there's not 10 threads like mine. My thread is a plead for us to take back our forum. No I'm not talking about locking the doors for non blackberry users. I value the other platforms. I use what I like. What's easiest for me. Period. Just because I use a blackberry does not mean I don't know anything about iphones. Actually I do. I work on em all the time. So I assume android/iphone users can bring knowledge to the table. How many smarts does it take to say "ha iphone has 1 million apps" or "iphone has a better ui it has a 1.2 ghz cpu"? "So what! apple has had that for a year now"! These statements takes no thought at all and offers even less to the conversation.
    I enjoy talking about devices, hardware, software, and platforms with people tbat use different stuff than me. And its different when people add insight to the discusion can nitpick how their device is better or the poster shoulda got something else.
    My wife is an ipone user and has a netbook w/ Ubuntu os, my daughter a samsung galaxy S2 which is an android os and an ipad2. My son has an ipod and cruz with android 2.2. I'm the one that is stuck with keeping everybody up to date and running. I'm not bias to anything. I just like well what I like. All my pcs is ran by windows but 1. I have a linux box for playing. That's where I go to get away from the world.
    12-03-11 11:46 PM
    I've been here since 07 I just registered last year? I was reading and absorbing info for those few yrs.I dunno last year I sorta felt like I should give some back. Read my 1st post. Read all of them. I've really tried to help people as well as myself. In my very first thread/post I said I've been in the rafters for yrs.
    Yes there has been changes and that's my point. No there's not 10 threads like mine. My thread is a plead for us to take back our forum. No I'm not talking about locking the doors for non blackberry users. I value the other platforms. I use what I like. What's easiest for me. Period. Just because I use a blackberry does not mean I don't know anything about iphones. Actually I do. I work on em all the time. So I assume android/iphone users can bring knowledge to the table. How many smarts does it take to say "ha iphone has 1 million apps" or "iphone has a better ui it has a 1.2 ghz cpu"? "So what! apple has had that for a year now"! These statements takes no thought at all and offers even less to the conversation.
    I enjoy talking about devices, hardware, software, and platforms with people tbat use different stuff than me. And its different when people add insight to the discusion can nitpick how their device is better or the poster shoulda got something else.
    My wife is an ipone user and has a netbook w/ Ubuntu os, my daughter a samsung galaxy S2 which is an android os and an ipad2. My son has an ipod and cruz with android 2.2. I'm the one that is stuck with keeping everybody up to date and running. I'm not bias to anything. I just like well what I like. All my pcs is ran by windows but 1. I have a linux box for playing. That's where I go to get away from the world.
    That's cool. I get what you are saying.

Re: hostility, if you've been lurking since 2007, I'm sure you know about the brouhaha that erupted when the original Storm was released. I never visited the Storm forums or the Storm Rants & Raves forums when I joined, since those were very hostile when I first joined. I'd say the current atmosphere is tame compared to those.

The main issues now are in the Playbook forums, which I really do not bother with much, since I have no interest in Playbooks, iPads, or any other tablets.

I'm posting this using Firefox 8 in openSUSE 12.1. I dual boot Linux and Windows 7 Professional.
    12-04-11 02:30 AM
    I have to agree with OP, I understand there are always going to be non-bb user traffic on the site, staying up to date on RIM and the BB platform, or maybe ex-users offering their opinions, ect. But what I find most weird are the users who come in and get so defensive at the slightest mention of their phone. At the end of the day, you're on a blackberry fan site, what's the point? :shrug:
    12-04-11 04:55 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD