Is there a way for someone to intercept texts or recieve texts that are sent to someone else?
    04-29-09 09:36 PM
    They may be able to do it if they have been in possesion of your phone and set it up in a way that would have your messages forwarded to another email address or added an address to send copies too.

But, i don't think there is a way to just intercept them out of the blue. If you think your email security has been comprimised, then I would change the address and password ASAP. :d

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 09:41 PM
    If the device is configured on BES (corporate), which is probably not the OP's case or it would have been mentioned, the BES admin can intercept and track anything sent to or from the device.

04-29-09 09:55 PM
    Depends.....I know of a few ways. Depends....are you trying to spy on your spouse? What carrier do you use?

04-29-09 10:08 PM
    The deal is this, he has an ex-gf that is able to call him at any point in the day and read back a text message that he received earlier that day from someone that she does not even know. We have read about some spy programs and are not really sure how to see if one is installed or not. FlexiSpy was one of the programs that I have read about.
    04-30-09 07:06 AM
    Also, he is with Nextel. The phone is provided to him from his work and is not setup on a BES server. Thank you to anyone that reads this. It is very appreciated.
    04-30-09 07:07 AM
    i didnt even know this wa a possibilty!
    04-30-09 08:33 AM
    Maybe check the programs installed on the phone? Or, wipe the phone?

04-30-09 10:09 AM
    That is the idea I think. I am just wondering if you do a factory reset if it actually deletes everything. Anyways, I appreciate you guys looking and replying as all the knowledge is valued.
    04-30-09 11:18 AM
    Is there a way for someone to intercept texts or recieve texts that are sent to someone else?
    If you have Skydeck installed on your phone, or any app like it, it will allow you to keep a running backup of all your contacts and SMS messages, from the Website.

So if you have any thing like this on your phone, and they have access to the website or they set it up, then yes, they can get full text of all your SMS messages.

I use Skydeck myself so that I can just delete SMS messages on the phone and keep a copy online. And if anything happens to my phone, I still have all my contacts and text messages, up to the point of the phone dying or geting lost or stolen.

Skydeck | Text Messaging, Online Calling, Voicemail to text, Cell Phone History, Contact Backup <---the free account will give you SMS and Contact backup.

SmrtGuard will allow you to do the same thing, but it will keep track of emails and contacts.
    SmrtGuard :: Your Smartphone Guardian™ <---is in Beta and free for now

Both programs run in the background and make their backups on the fly (as far as I can tell), and they both allow you to sync/backup at any time manually from the phone.

But in either case, the person would have to have your phone long enough to setup the accounts, and answer confirming emails, after downloading the apps to the phone. And you would see them when checking for running apps in the task switcher.

These are just the two that I use, but I'm sure there are stealth apps out there that can do the same thing, that do not show up in the task switcher.
    04-30-09 11:40 AM
    So what are these spy apps and where do you get them? LOL
    07-08-09 11:31 AM
    I didn't know there was software like this for a blackberry
    07-08-09 11:32 AM
    Is there any way the person could be looking at the BIS site and spying on the text messages from there? Sounds like a long shot, but anything is possible
    07-08-09 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD