I have passed my upgrade date. there seems to be too many smartphones out there that have too apps. The blackberry product is ok, but cant bbrry break into the 4G market, and upgrade the size if its screens? I have enjoyed the realibility of my 9650 bold, but need to upgrade...any insights?
    07-29-12 10:32 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry

Here's a little insight for you.....
    blackberry 10 - Google Search
    07-29-12 10:49 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry

eheh Can he endure the wait?

Sent from a beautiful but old BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    07-29-12 10:54 AM
    Assuming they've been using a 9650 for two+ years, and it was a disappointment upon release, I'd suspect so. If no, I'd strongly suggest a used 99x0 for now.
    07-29-12 11:00 AM
    For a bigger (touch) screen 98x0 is what he is looking for...
    07-29-12 11:04 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry

You are too kind. LoL

I guess a long fuse is a prerequisite.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-29-12 11:05 AM
    Wish to god I could afford to come up with a 9930 or the like but I am not exactly miserable with the 9650. I still have the 8330 I carried way back when it was "just a phone with a keypad" to me (I didn't care about brand or platform too much back then) and i'd even reactivate that before worrying about "RIM competing."

I see at is an essentialist kind of thing. Of course it'd be awesome to have newer faster hardware and stuff. On apps, there's a difference, or rather a line between stuff that is genuine entertainment and that which is "everything else." Excluding reading the news, and being able to play music and have a camera, i'm at a loss for entertaining apps like games. Ideally though, prior to BB10 and perhaps BB7 I don't feel entertainment is what BlackBerry is geared towards. From my vantage, when people talk about RIM being "competitive", they are talking about the stuff Android or iPhones have going on, which really comes down to multimedia and games so far as I can tell. That stuff is second priority to me, and even a BlackBerry as old as mine perfectly covers primary priorities (like managing my budget, paying my bills, keeping many documents and the like in order, keeping schedules, storing memories, and much more.)
    Soooo, pardon my rant. I suppose I may not belong in this particular thread but I want to believe a majority of BlackBerry users who actually should be using BlackBerrys to begin with are not so concerned about RIM being "competitive" but that they do what they do best. I guess I just don't feel they are designed for people who want Androids or iPhones. Those are one world and one breed of "people", BlackBerry is a whole other world, in theory, for a much different niche. You exclude the leading Android/iPhone desires, what use would quad core chips, 5 inch displays and "4G" serve? It's all entertainment.

....and I like White Castle

Written from BitPusher's BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BitPusher2600; 07-29-12 at 11:37 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-29-12 11:33 AM
    The problem is Rim is essentially forced to cater to the larger consumer market at this point in order to survive. Gone are the days when a Blackberry was just a device to communicate and be productive, and they are not coming back. In the age of smart phones 2.0 a Blackberry needs to be a multimedia device while simultaneously providing the communication and productivity factors which made them great. To think otherwise is to ignore the future, and ignoring the future is what landed Rim in their current predicament.

In reference to the OP however, this is precisely where BB10 comes into play. It's designed from the ground up to provide both a reliable communication experience (whether that be phone, email, or social) and a top class multimedia experience (browser, games etc). In short, BB10 is designed to be competitive.
    07-29-12 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD