Hi,
    I bought a Storm that had been unlocked from Vodafone and am now having some troubles.

I registered it with BIS and o2 and used it just fine. Email and Internet worked just fine. Yesterday I swapped over to my Bold with no issues.

I have today tried about 15 times to 'change device' back to the Storm and keep getting the following
    "the information you have provided is not valid for this service provider"

Is it possible for someone else with the device pin and IMEI to have registered the phone back on another provider without actually having access to the phone?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Matt
    03-25-09 03:01 PM
    Sorry, I can't answer your question in it's entirety, but I can tell you that the IMEI is device specific. It does not ever change for a device, and it can't be reused by another device.
    It can however be reported stolen. If it is the IMEI can be used to disable the device.
    03-25-09 03:18 PM
    Sorry, I can't answer your question in it's entirety, but I can tell you that the IMEI is device specific. It does not ever change for a device, and it can't be reused by another device.
    It can however be reported stolen. If it is the IMEI can be used to disable the device.
    Thanks alleycat,

The phone and sms work. If it was disabled would these still work?
    How do I find out if it has been reported stolen?

It was boxed and the PIN and IMEI on the box match the phone. I bought it off ebay using paypal so will have some redress (hopefully) if it has been reported stolen.

Thanks for any help.

Matt
    Last edited by matt-don; 03-25-09 at 03:40 PM.
    03-25-09 03:26 PM
    No. If it is reported stolen you will have no service at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 05:18 PM
    I had this problem with BIS once when changing devices. Creating a new login fixed the problem (though not really the most desirable way to go about it).
    03-25-09 06:09 PM
    Use the email setup on your device to chance it once you're using the same SIM card. It will ask you if you want to swap device PINs associated with you BIS account.
    03-25-09 06:15 PM
    I phoned o2 data support and they told me to go to advanced options>host tables>register device on the handset.
    I did all of that and it worked.

Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it
    03-27-09 05:58 PM
    yeah i just called verizon and they switched it.
    03-27-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD