Long story short my BB Tour was stolen, along with my wallet out of my locked locker today at school. Is there any way the police can track it? My father knows dozens of cops in town and he has already called one of them, is there any way they can track down my BB?
    09-23-09 02:21 PM
    well if the TV is right the phone has to be on and they can then triangulate where it might be from the signal. Isn't that how the last girl got found in the trunk of someone car when she was kidnapped?
    09-23-09 02:23 PM
    Did you install any software that would allow remote tracking such as SmartGuard?
    09-23-09 02:24 PM
    they should be able to, prolly have to call at&t and see if they can track where it is at. But im not sure, just my guess
    09-23-09 02:24 PM
    If the phone has gps tracking enabled they should be able to find it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 02:27 PM
    nope i didn't have anything installed, im trying to figure out where this mother $#$*#$ lives so i can go and handle it my own way.
    09-23-09 02:27 PM
    only thing that is gonna get u is some charges pressed against u
    09-23-09 02:35 PM
    You need to file a complaint. The police have to then decide to subpoena the telephone company for the location information -- assuming that it is on. It is, sadly, more likely, that the police will not subpoena the service provider (cost and relatively small matter to them) but may find it if it turns up in another case. Sorry.
    09-23-09 02:53 PM
    I agree with you. While you are a minor have as much fun as possible. I'm twenty now and would give anything to be 17 again. You can do what ever you want and get a slap on wrist (of course unless you kill the kid, then you will be charged as an adult).

09-23-09 02:57 PM
    nope i didn't have anything installed, im trying to figure out where this mother $#$*#$ lives so i can go and handle it my own way.
    Well usually its a preset thing it comes default on in your phone

09-23-09 02:59 PM
    If your dad already reported it to the police, let them handle it.
    09-23-09 03:05 PM
    When I lost my curve, they said the o ly thing that they can do is to put a 'red flag' on it and if they try to register the%hone that the company will know of this and alert you and the proper authorities.

09-23-09 03:05 PM
    I have verizon so that what they said. And I know personally because when I found a phone and tried to use it, the police called me and had to gov it back.

09-23-09 03:07 PM
    I have verizon so that what they said. And I know personally because when I found a phone and tried to use it, the police called me and had to gov it back.

shouldnt have said that, people gonna ***** at u now
    09-23-09 03:16 PM
    I have verizon so that what they said. And I know personally because when I found a phone and tried to use it, the police called me and had to gov. it back.

wow good thing you posted that on a phone forum

09-23-09 03:26 PM
    09-23-09 05:57 PM
    ***Takes shot***
    Cause that's really necessary..

09-23-09 06:13 PM
    Just call your provider and give them the IMEI and PIN number and it will be marked as stolen. Carriers typically share such info with RIM so the phone won't be usable for email etc.

09-23-09 07:38 PM
    Pretty Cool Stuff Gang
    09-23-09 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD