This is the situation:

My gf tried to access her bf's phone but input the password too many times. Now she is trying to find out if there is a way to remove the amount of times she logged in from showing when he picks up his phone. Right now, everytime she clicks the phone to unlock, it say "Enter password (5/10)".

Is there a way to remove the (5/10) so all it shows when he clicks to unlock is "enter password"

Thanks.
    01-23-10 10:33 AM
    No. There is no way to reset the counter. Only entering the password
    correctly will get the 5/10 message to go away.

On a side note WTH are people inspecting others phone and why are people
    letting other people do that.
    01-23-10 10:35 AM
    That is the same thing i asked her. steupssss....
    01-23-10 10:37 AM
    No. There is no way to reset the counter. Only entering the password
    correctly will get the 5/10 message to go away.

On a side note WTH are people inspecting others phone and why are people
    letting other people do that.
    Hahahaha

Good question AG!!!
    01-23-10 10:38 AM
    I'm confused. If your girlfriend is trying to access her boyfriend's phone, isn't that your phone?
    01-23-10 10:39 AM
    This is the situation:

My gf tried to access her bf's phone but input the password too many times. Now she is trying to find out if there is a way to remove the amount of times she logged in from showing when he picks up his phone. Right now, everytime she clicks the phone to unlock, it say "Enter password (5/10)".

Is there a way to remove the (5/10) so all it shows when he clicks to unlock is "enter password"

Thanks.
    Ummm I think your GF is going to be busted by her BF. SAD!!

If she as reason to be suspicious maybe instead of snooping she should have a conversation with him about his activities.
    01-23-10 10:41 AM
    Lmao! ....
    01-23-10 10:42 AM
    Lmao! ....

This is a serious situation Reena...it is not funny!!!

LOL!!!!
    01-23-10 10:50 AM
    I wonder if the bf will notice 'someone' tried to log in 4 previous times... Keep us posted NyahS! I really wanna know the outcome!
    01-23-10 10:58 AM
    Call your carrier and they will connect you witha RIM tech. Thats how I did it and set up a new password.

ps. Don't give it out! Especially to your aunt's cousin's dog sitter.
    01-23-10 11:54 AM
    There is no way to remove that counter. It is a WARNING and lets the user know that security precautions are in place. What if it's 5/10, and the message was hidden? Perhaps the owner has 6 passwords and tends to forget which one is for the blackberry. The owner will then end up wiping the phone.

And if it were possible to reset the counter instead of merely hiding it, what would be the point of having a counter?
    01-23-10 12:58 PM
    At least she had the sense to stop while she was ahead, er, behind, er, messed up, er, screwed royally!!
    01-23-10 01:41 PM
    I'm confused. If your girlfriend is trying to access her boyfriend's phone, isn't that your phone?
    Maybe she's a girl?..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 02:19 PM
    my thoughts exactly ha.
    01-23-10 02:25 PM
    saying girlfriend doesnt necessarily mean there dating you can say girlfriend if you have a friend thats a girl
    01-23-10 04:42 PM
    W
    saying girlfriend doesnt necessarily mean there dating you can say girlfriend if you have a friend thats a girl
    I think that only works for girls. I have male friends and I never call them my boy friend.

01-23-10 04:45 PM
    Does blackberry have a universal password that unlocks the phone.
    01-23-10 04:49 PM
    Yes, it's "iFoneR00lz".
    No, really!
    01-23-10 04:58 PM
    Best advice I can give you is: STEP AWAY.

Sounds like nothing good will come of this, and if you stick your face in there they can both focus on you instead of the real problem which is each other.

Sneaky chick by the way. I wouldnt stand for that. Whats next? My bank account? Credit Cards? Mail? No thanks.

Edit: Speeling
    01-23-10 06:12 PM
    Seriously? Now what good would a password lock be if there was a universal password going around on the internet.

01-23-10 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD