I recently discovered that I can only make calls on my 8320 with a WiFi connection. I have WiFi at home and at work so I didn't notice this at first, until I was somewhere without WiFi and tried to make a call--nothing doing. I don't have a data plan so now my phone only works where there is an open wifi.

Called tech support and tried the usual--various settings, battery pull, reloaded OS, etc--no luck.

My phone has seen some damage--dropped it a couple of times, etc, so it could be hardware related, but ... why would calls work over wifi and not with my cellphone network (T-mobile)?

ANY suggestions/thoughts would be most appreciated, as I am about to give up on this phone.
    02-22-10 04:52 PM
    Voice and data are two different beasts... I would check settings in mobile network and manage my connections. Maybe something is shorted out which completes your calling circuit when wifi is detected... No insurance? or tmobile won't look at it for you. Maybe another drop onto a hard floor has fixed some phones with no hope.
    02-23-10 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD