i have a bb with a US carrier with active BIS and im wondering if i will have any issues using this same device on a carrier out of the country (with prepaid bis)

i have used the phone with the NON-US carrier before but for standard voice service only.... If i go out of the country and get a sim with prepaid bis, will i have any issues getting my mail delivered to this device?
    12-04-10 02:34 PM
    I don't think the PIN can be registered to two carriers at the same time.
    12-04-10 02:57 PM
    What you need to do is unregister your PIN with your Carrier

I am looking at how I can do this so I can get a prepaid server while in England in March
    12-04-10 03:39 PM
    I heard the opposite, a cousin of mine was able to do it, he has one unlocked blackberry bold, and two different carriers in different country with the same BIS, all he has to do is just switch the sim card and it automatically says you are now registered with blackberry and the emails start syncing.

Gonna try this myself in a few weeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 04:20 PM
    i've heard of users who purchased refurb units from foreign carriers (yeah vodafone bb units come a looong way) having problems registering to BIS here in Phils
    12-06-10 11:09 AM
    I've had mixed results with this whenever I took my Blackberry Bold 9650 to Panama in Central America.

I can use it with a prepaid BIS carrier in Panama with no problem, what happens is that my Bold 9650 just gets kicked out of Sprint's system, and I can easily re-provision it to Sprint when I get back to the states by switching back to CDMA.

However, when you register your PIN with that foreign carrier's BIS service, that's when it gets complicated, because upon returning home, you'll find that your BB PIN was kicked out of your home provider's BIS account and when you try to re-register it again, it won't let you. Only way is to call the foreign carrier to have it removed or (what I did), call your carrier, explain the problem, and ask them to escalate it to RIM, who will then gladly free the PIN for you.
    12-06-10 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD