Sorry if this is a repeat...

Does anyone know if addresses and phone numbers from maps can be added to the address book?

Thanks.
    11-27-08 09:30 AM
    I would like to know this also.
    I used google maps on my previous phone, a treo, and was able to add addresses and numbers to my contact list directly from gMaps. Can't add from google maps to contacts or using the included maps app on the berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 09:53 AM
    Superpages Mobile will allow you to create a new address book entry from an address it finds. It's free for Blackberry and java-based handsets. Verizon customers with BREW-based phones using Get It Now will be charged a monthly subscription fee (yet another way Verizon dings you for somethings that is freely available to the rest of the world).
    11-27-08 11:17 AM
    Thanks for the info on maps and addressbooks. Greatly appreciated!
    12-03-08 07:23 PM
    Awww... thats no fun. Takes the best part of GoogleMaps out. Is there a way to maybe copy and paste the information somehow?

Maybe someone can make an app for this small feature.

In the meantime, I'm still a newbie so I was wondering... why is it so difficult to do simple things on the blackberry? Is it a programming issue? I mean I love the BB but some simple things seem to be so difficult to do... or require interesting work arounds.
    12-06-08 10:44 PM
    Is there a way to look up an address already stored in your address book with SuperPages Mobile? With GoogleMaps you could do that. I have been playing around with it and could not figure that part out. Most likely will delete Google and keep this one.
    12-08-08 09:42 AM
    Is there a way to look up an address already stored in your address book with SuperPages Mobile? With GoogleMaps you could do that. I have been playing around with it and could not figure that part out. Most likely will delete Google and keep this one.
    While displaying an address book entry, or having one highlighted in the list, press the Blackberry button and select "Show on Superpages Map". If that menu option doesn't appear, try starting (and exiting, if you want) Superpages Mobile. I've noticed that the Superpages-related menu options seem to disappear sometimes, and reappear after running the app. I think they may disappear after a reboot, but I haven't paid enough attention to it to be certain.

You can also do reverse lookups from your calls log with Superpages Mobile.
    12-09-08 11:06 PM
    MYPOYNT allows for addresses and phone #s to be added to your address book with one click.
    12-09-08 11:21 PM
    I use berry 411 and when it pulls up and address I can hit the menu button and it gives me the option to add it to my address book. Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't add the zip code of any contact.

I'll have to give superpages a try.
    12-09-08 11:26 PM
    I went to the superpages website to download the app but it said that there wasn't an app for the Curve 8330. Was anyone else able to get it for their curve 8330?
    12-19-08 07:46 AM
    If you can add one to your Gmail contacts directly from Google Maps, you could go that route and then use Google Sync to sync your BB contacts with your Gmail ones.
    12-19-08 07:53 AM
    Sorry to be so clueless, but how do I add one to my gmail contacts from the BB? Thanks.
    12-19-08 08:52 AM
    Try a forum search for Google Sync. It's an app from Google that lets you sync your BB with your Gmail account for contacts, calendar, and alarms. You can install it OTA by sending your BB browser to m.google.com/sync.
    12-19-08 08:55 AM
    Thanks so much Spinny
    12-20-08 09:07 AM
    No prob. I never used to use my Gmail account for anything, but now with Sync I use it for off-site backups of my calendar and contacts list--and the bonus is I can access them from anywhere. Since BBs are forbidden in the building where I work, that's a very useful thing.
    12-20-08 09:11 AM
    No prob. I never used to use my Gmail account for anything, but now with Sync I use it for off-site backups of my calendar and contacts list--and the bonus is I can access them from anywhere. Since BBs are forbidden in the building where I work, that's a very useful thing.
    Where do you work...the iPhone factory?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 10:05 AM
    Heh. No, a military research lab. Any sort of personal electronic devices are forbidden for security reasons--especially ones that can transmit.
    12-20-08 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD