I did search for Kindle and Tether but did not find anything on point (but I might have missed it)

I recently got a Kindle3 that is WIFI only. I figured I could use the $50 difference to purchase books and/or the lighted case.

But now I was wondering if there is a way to use my Bold's (9650) 3g connection with the BB in the event I'm somewhere that wifi is not available.

Frankly, from the size of books that I have downloaded, it would certainly not put a strain on my data limit - books seem to be highly compressed.

I may go to the Tether.com site and see if they know anything but thought I would ask the experts here. Hope this is the right subforum for a more generic discussion on this issue and to get more eyes looking at the thread.
    10-24-10 06:44 PM
    Why bother. If you know you are going to be out of range of wifi for a certain period of time, just download an extra book or two before you leave your wifi hotspot.....
    10-25-10 07:22 AM
    I don't believe that would work. It would work with Android devices that can make their own portable wifi hotspot. I don't think the software on a BB will allow it to be used in that way but then I've never had a wifi enabled BB to mess with.
    10-25-10 08:16 AM
    The current Blackberry Platform doesn't support AD-HOC tethering. Apples JailBroken iPhones to do have Reverse Tether and Androids do have AD-HOC tethering, not sure about Palm.

but to answer your question, if QNX allows for SU access and someone has a kernel that will support it, or RIM makes it natively possible i don't see it happening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD