I bought a new Q used while I poke around with fixing my old one. I have the same BBID on them but I can't log in to BBM. Is there a way to do this? I don't want to wipe my original Q as I'll go back to it once I replace the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 03:16 PM
    I have multiple BB10s all setup almost identically under the same BBID. I think once you get to around 7(?) BlackBerry Protect will only work on so many.

As for BBM you can switch between the two devices and use BBM. I do this occasionally. Unfortunately, you cannot use BBM on different devices simultaneously. There are many that do switch between two devices with one BBID, but be careful if you are concerned with losing any chats.

This is not that important to me as long as all of my contacts and purchases are still there. I believe you can save chats in BBM settings though; not sure if they will all transfer perfectly by selecting this option. You'll likely get others that switch between devices to chime in here regarding BBM.

For me, the chat history is almost meaningless so whether it transfers or not doesn't matter for me. With that said, you can use BBM on any device that you are signed in to if you log in to BBM on that device.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 03:43 PM
    Thanks, I just got it to work. When I told the new phone to switch BBM over it had always given me an error, so I thought I'd need to log out of the older one either in BBM or the BBID itself. But now it suddenly worked...odd but I'm not complaining.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 03:58 PM
    Thanks, I just got it to work. When I told the new phone to switch BBM over it had always given me an error, so I thought I'd need to log out of the older one either in BBM or the BBID itself. But now it suddenly worked...odd but I'm not complaining.

Posted via CB10
    Weird, I've never had an issue switching back and forth. Glad you got it working though! Shouldn't have a problem switching back when you want.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 04:20 PM