Hi guys I dont have a data plan for my bold 9700, I had it before but after 7-8 months I found that the amount of usage I use isn't worth the $25-$30 extra each month.

My question is, can I use personal email if I'm connected to wifi? It's only giving me the BIS option.

And what about AIM? How come i can connect to wifi and look at websites, but I cannot sign onto my AIM sn? The error I get when I try to sign on is, "Service not enabled for this handheld."
    08-15-10 04:06 PM
    You need to use a 3rd party I'm program that will let you use wifi. As for the email you will have to login to webmail online and/or forward it to a gmail acct and install the gmail app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 04:49 PM
    3rd party program to use wifi? Cant i just launch it on my phone, isnt that how it works?
    08-15-10 07:07 PM
    yes, but not using the RIM-developed application which is locked/restricted to using BIS-B transport (Blackberry Internet Service) - which you will only be provisioned with if you have a blackberry service plan from your provider (essentially a VPN to RIM's systems for internet access).

You would need to use apps that allow selection of 'Wi-Fi' specifically, or Direct TCP/IP - which uses your providers GPRS/3G internet services - however if you enable that and don't have any generic data plan/allowance, you will get charged extra.
    08-15-10 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD