I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab. The charger supplied has a USB port and outputs 5V, 2A. (product number ETA-P10JBEG)

My BlackBerry 9700 charger outputs 5V, 0.7A. (And I believe that a standard USB port on a computer outputs 0.5A.)

Can I use the Samsung charger with my BlackBerry 9700? Is there any risk of it causing damage to my BlackBerry device or battery by using the 2A USB port?

Thanks,
    Ken
    Last edited by kenm_uk; 08-02-11 at 12:02 PM.
    08-02-11 12:00 PM
    I've used the chargers for my Amazon Kindle, My Wife's LG Dumbphone, and my Motorola H710 Bluetooth headset to charge my 9780 with ill effects.
    08-02-11 01:58 PM
    I've used the chargers for my Amazon Kindle, My Wife's LG Dumbphone, and my Motorola H710 Bluetooth headset to charge my 9780 with ill effects.
    Thanks for your comment. My Amazon Kindle charger outputs 0.85A. My Sony Ericsson Bluetooth charger outputs 0.55A. These are not very different from the BB charger; I am more curious to know if using a very different (ie 2A) charger might cause problems.
    08-02-11 02:03 PM
    I use my 1.8A Playbook charger for my 9650 on recommendation from Crackberry Kevin (see article below). It works great and I have not seen any ill effects.

CrackBerry Tip: Use the BlackBerry PlayBook Travel Charger to charge your BlackBerry Smartphone TWICE as FAST! | CrackBerry.com
    08-02-11 02:25 PM
    I have asked many tech experts this same question and they have all told me that there wont be any damage to the blackberry. I personally prefer using my galaxy tab charger for my blackberry because it charges much faster, which is obviously more convenient.
    08-03-11 01:08 AM
    I've used my playbook charger to charge my Samsung infuse. It charges really fast :P.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    08-03-11 05:26 AM
    I've used my Kindle charger for two years to charge my Storm. Works great!
    08-03-11 08:17 AM
    I've used my Kindle charger for two years to charge my Storm. Works great!
    Thanks. However a Kindle charger is only 0.85A versus a BlackBerry charger's 0.7A so there is little difference in the two. The bigger issue is whether there are any ill effects from using a 2A (e.g. Samsung) charger. But it sounds like no one has reported any problems with doing so. Thanks all.
    08-04-11 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD