Hey guys, just wondering if I can use my 9780 in Australia? I plan on visiting over there for a few months and want to be able to use it (obviously). I am aware there are ways to unlock the phone (3rd party), but even if I do get the phone unlocked... will it work? My current provider is Rogers (not sure if this matters). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    03-03-11 12:24 PM
    How long are you going to be down under?
    It may be worthwhile to unlock the phone and get a sim card for one of the local carriers if you are going to be there for a month or more.
    03-03-11 09:23 PM
    Hey guys, just wondering if I can use my 9780 in Australia? I plan on visiting over there for a few months and want to be able to use it (obviously). I am aware there are ways to unlock the phone (3rd party), but even if I do get the phone unlocked... will it work? My current provider is Rogers (not sure if this matters). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I think this is a Re post.

Answer to your question is Yes , you have to have you bb unlocked. Bare in mind if you do not acquire a bb data plan you are not going to have bbm or email working.
    03-04-11 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD