T-Mobile Germany and all other german carriers just offer data volume plans (f.e. 300MB per month) instead of unlimited data plans for BlackBerrys!

I've got WiFi acces at my house, an my question is: Can every application be used over a WiFi connection [that is BlackBerry Push E-Mail (receiving/sending) ; using the BB Webbrowser; JiveTalk ; BB Messenger]?
    Would be cool because as soon as i'd enter my house/WiFi network, I wouldnt waste MB's from my data volume...

--
    Is it possible to download OTA Apps (like JiveTalk,BB Messenger from mobile.blackberry.com on the BB Browser) via WiFi?

Thanks..GREAT FORUMS
    08-02-08 01:50 PM
    Not every app can be used no. In fact many cannot be used over wifi. You need a BB data plan to use BB messenger/push email/pin messaging/ota downloads. If you want to know what can be used via wifi, remove your SIM and test all the apps when connected via wifi. You don't need an active BB to use WiFi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 01:53 PM
    Jivetalk works over wifi.

You can do a lot with 300mb, I only use approx 80mb per month.
    08-02-08 01:55 PM
    i cannot send/receive my [email protected] push e-mail over WiFi?
    08-02-08 01:57 PM
    I've just found this on BlackBerry Technical Solution Center :

"In addition, using a Wi-Fi network to connect directly to the BlackBerry Router, with or without a VPN session, or to the Internet on the appropriate port, a Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry smartphone can access the BlackBerry� Internet Service, BlackBerry� Messenger, and personal identification number (PIN) messaging."
    08-02-08 02:02 PM
    Sorry, i meant 30MB^^
    On T-Mobile Germany u've got 2 options: DATA5 or DATA30

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 07:38 AM
    Does T-Mobile Germany support Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA)?

If so, when you are in a Wifi signal all of your voice and data is directed through your IP connection. That includes all third party applications that would normally not function over Wifi.

In the US, T-Mobile offers Hotspot as a plan add on. Hotspot enables UMA.

08-05-08 12:40 PM
    Jivetalk works over wifi.

I never got Jivetalk to work over WiFi only. Of course, I was only using the trial version though. I have resorted to using EQO and it works fine for me.
    09-12-08 05:43 PM
    No. not all apps can be used over WiFi
    09-12-08 05:48 PM
    I never got Jivetalk to work over WiFi only. Of course, I was only using the trial version though. I have resorted to using EQO and it works fine for me.
    JiveTalk is one app that definitely does work on WiFi only!!

I am not sure what issue you are having, but you need to go into the preferences and change the connection settings.
    09-12-08 05:49 PM
    JiveTalk is one app that definitely does work on WiFi only!!

I am not sure what issue you are having, but you need to go into the preferences and change the connection settings.
    Kool. I'll make this my project for tonight
    09-12-08 05:54 PM
    It is not too hard... open JiveTalk...

Then Menu > Preferences > go all the way to the bottom where it says "Networking" > Mobile Network Transport set to "TCP" > WiFi Option > "WiFi Preferred"

Hope that helps!
    09-12-08 05:58 PM
    some apps will not allow you to transmit via wifi. Twitterberry, for example, requires a data connection. It can be a real pain sometimes.
    09-15-08 01:27 AM
    It is not too hard... open JiveTalk...

Then Menu > Preferences > go all the way to the bottom where it says "Networking" > Mobile Network Transport set to "TCP" > WiFi Option > "WiFi Preferred"

Hope that helps!
    Thank you! I did it and it's working fine. I love this site
    09-16-08 10:42 AM
    some apps will not allow you to transmit via wifi. Twitterberry, for example, requires a data connection. It can be a real pain sometimes.
    The reason why I don't complain too much about an app needing data connection is because I am always using my husband's curve anyway. He has the data plan and I opted not to get it on mine. I did not see the point in both of us having it. Maybe I'll change my mind later
    09-16-08 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD