Hey Guys,
    I want to remove my accounts and hand over my BB 10 OS device to my son.
    Is there a way to achieve that without wiping the device as this will save me a lot of time.
    Specifically I want to log out of my BlackBerry ID and create one for him.

I will appreciate if someone can list the steps for me here.
    Thanks in advance and have the best weekend ever!
    SP
    01-13-17 01:55 PM
    Nope you have to wipe, no easy way.
    01-13-17 02:10 PM
    Hey Guys,
    I want to remove my accounts and hand over my BB 10 OS device to my son.
    Is there a way to achieve that without wiping the device as this will save me a lot of time.
    Specifically I want to log out of my BlackBerry ID and create one for him.

I will appreciate if someone can list the steps for me here.
    Thanks in advance and have the best weekend ever!
    SP
    Download ghost commander.

Once installed, open and then navigate to applications, manage, select BBM and tap clear data.

Next time you open BBM you'll be prompted to create or login to you BBID. Create a new one then.

Enjoy.
    petkovst likes this.
    01-13-17 02:54 PM

Once installed, open and then navigate to applications, manage, select BBM and tap clear data.

Next time you open BBM you'll be prompted to create or login to you BBID. Create a new one then.

Enjoy.
    That works even with BlackBerry Theft protection?
    01-13-17 03:18 PM
    That works even with BlackBerry Theft protection?
    I've switched BlackBerry IDs among my own devices several times and don't recall having to disable BlackBerry Protect or perform a security wipe. I have a spare Z30 running 10.3.2.2813 with BlackBerry Protect enabled. Just now, I removed the data with GC and changed BBID with no prompt for either BlackBerry Protect intervention or a security wipe.
    01-13-17 06:30 PM
    Nice find anyone else can confirm that works?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 07:13 PM
    I've switched BlackBerry IDs among my own devices several times and don't recall having to disable BlackBerry Protect or perform a security wipe. I have a spare Z30 running 10.3.2.2813 with BlackBerry Protect enabled. Just now, I removed the data with GC and changed BBID with no prompt for either BlackBerry Protect intervention or a security wipe.
    Is that the system BBID or just for BBM?
    01-13-17 07:35 PM
    Is that the system BBID or just for BBM?
    That's the BBM. A system user ID change would prompt the necessity to delete the user data on the device. I should have been more clear.

All I was suggesting was a means for OP to gain function of the device without the system wipe and save the OP some time. He'd still have to manually delete and reconfigure whatever email and third party accounts are set up.
    01-13-17 08:12 PM
    That's the BBM. A system user ID change would prompt the necessity to delete the user data on the device. I should have been more clear.

All I was suggesting was a means for OP to gain function of the device without the system wipe and save the OP some time. He'd still have to manually delete and reconfigure whatever email and third party accounts are set up.
    So BlackBerry World and Protect are still tied to the original ID?
    01-13-17 08:23 PM
    So BlackBerry World and Protect are still tied to the original ID?
    Yes. That is correct.
    01-13-17 08:45 PM
    Yes. That is correct.
    I guess you've found a roundabout way to get a family app library, then.
    01-15-17 12:04 AM
    I decided that this won't save me that much time, so I performed complete reset and wiped the device. It's also good as the browser used to store content and passwords that better stay away from 7 yo boy.
    01-15-17 05:59 AM
    I decided that this won't save me that much time, so I performed complete reset and wiped the device. It's also good as the browser used to store content and passwords that better stay away from 7 yo boy.
    Told you so, lol
    01-16-17 09:57 AM
    Wipe or a clean install is really the best way to go.... even good to do it every few months and performance seems to go down over time (prefer just using an Autoloader to reinstall).
    01-16-17 12:00 PM

Enjoy.
    Thank you so much for sharing this! I've been trying to figure out for the longest time how to change my BBM login without having to wipe and reset my BlackBerry ID!
    semime likes this.
    01-16-17 12:04 PM
    That's a great find. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Oh well, it won't help support devs, though... ;-D

•   10.3.3 - that's the go for me... ;-D   •
    semime likes this.
    01-18-17 06:35 PM
    I guess you've found a roundabout way to get a family app library, then.
    Sounds good to me, good to know, got some 10 BlackBerry OS10 device's circle around the family, would come in handy for BBW and payed apps but the need for several different BBM accounts

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    01-19-17 10:06 AM
    So I tried the ghost commander trick, but when I go to the Manage screen for BBM, the Clear Data option is greyed out. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    01-19-17 06:47 PM
    So I tried the ghost commander trick, but when I go to the Manage screen for BBM, the Clear Data option is greyed out. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    You forced me to re-examine. Yes. My bad.

On the spare Z30 I use to administer changes, long ago I installed a BBM version that allows the device a second BBM ID. I forgot having made that change on it. It's not the native BBM I've been making the changes to all along - that important detail slipped my mind. You are right, and the native BBM does appear that way in GC.

My apologies. *cringe* This wasn't an intentional deception.

On the plus side, the second BBM ID does allow for the family app library.

I'm sorry for my confusion and the misinformation.
    01-19-17 09:46 PM
    You forced me to re-examine. Yes. My bad.

On the spare Z30 I use to administer changes, long ago I installed a BBM version that allows the device a second BBM ID. I forgot having made that change on it. It's not the native BBM I've been making the changes to all along - that important detail slipped my mind. You are right, and the native BBM does appear that way in GC.

My apologies. *cringe* This wasn't an intentional deception.

On the plus side, the second BBM ID does allow for the family app library.

I'm sorry for my confusion and the misinformation.
    No worries!

Can you share where one could get this BBM variant that allows a device to log into it with a second BBM id?

Thanks!
    01-20-17 07:36 AM
    No worries!

Can you share where one could get this BBM variant that allows a device to log into it with a second BBM id?

Thanks!
    This is the thread I obtained it from: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=943309

It's in the first post.
    01-20-17 09:00 AM
    Ahh Android version.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 09:11 AM
    Ahh Android version.

Posted via CB10
    And older version of the BBM App... from back in it's early days on Android, when it really didn't work well.
    01-20-17 09:19 AM
    And older version of the BBM App... from back in it's early days on Android, when it really didn't work well.
    On Android we can sign out BBM and sign in with new id though

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 09:23 AM
    On Android we can sign out BBM and sign in with new id though

Posted via CB10
    How do you do that? I can't see an option to sign out?
    04-07-17 06:10 AM