Hi,
    I'm thinking about getting a BB Curve 8310, or perhaps the new BB Bold when it comes out, but I'm completely new to BB's and have never used any sort of mobile email previously. As I'm not buying it through my employer (getting it as an upgrade), work won't allow me to use their BES (because they're power-mad Nazis, but let's not go there..). Anyway, I'm not really all that bothered about getting my work emails (and I understand I can use POP or IMAP anyway?), but what I really want a BB for, is to stay organised, which will mean me being able to sync my calendar events on my BB with those in my laptop MS Outlook (which uses a Microsoft Exchange Server) or Evolution Mail (on my Linux machine, which reads from the MES).
    So, will I be able to do this? If so, will I be able to use wi-fi, bluetooth, or USB cable?
    Any other pointers would be greatly appreciated too.
    Many thanks,
    Graham
    06-25-08 09:51 AM
    You can use Google Calendar and GSync for BB...
    06-25-08 09:54 AM
    If you install Desktop Manager (DM) on your work machine and plug your USB cable into it and your phone, you can sync your calendar and contacts. That's the way I do it, and for the same reasons, my employer won't allow personally owned BBs on their system.

Oh... and welcome to CB!
    06-25-08 09:55 AM
    If you install Desktop Manager (DM) on your work machine and plug your USB cable into it and your phone, you can sync your calendar and contacts. That's the way I do it, and for the same reasons, my employer won't allow personally owned BBs on their system.

Oh... and welcome to CB!
    Many thanks for that - and thanks for the welcome
    06-26-08 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD