I've got a Blackberry Curve, and my sister has a iPod Touch. We don't use wifi at home, we use broadband. However my Blackberry does connect 3G and I am wonderng if there is a way she could connect her iPod to my 3g network to download appls.

Just wondering.
    03-23-10 03:46 PM
    Yes you can... providing that you have any other smart phone besides a blackberry.
    Palm does it natively out of the box and both windows mobile and android have apps you can get to turn your phone into a wifi hotspot.
    But RIM does not allow this and no one seems to be able to work around it.

You'd think that with all those iPod touches and soon iPads coming out that the number 1 smart phone company in the country would allow us to do what every other smart phone out there can do.

I've been searching for a solution to this for over a year and all my inquiries either fall on deaf ears or I get the usual response "why not just get an iPhone"

The people who make the program Tether are looking into it, but are focused on porting their existing software to android first.

So in short, no you can't share your 3G internet to your iPod with a blackberry. At least not yet, if ever.

Sorry.
    03-24-10 12:08 PM
    I've got a Blackberry Curve, and my sister has a iPod Touch. We don't use wifi at home, we use broadband. However my Blackberry does connect 3G and I am wonderng if there is a way she could connect her iPod to my 3g network to download appls.

Just wondering.
    Why don't you just buy a $50 router and connect it to the broadband router?? That's what we did at my parents house. Works like a charm!
    03-25-10 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD