Assuming I am away when a message comes in, can I set the curve to give me a reminder tone, like when my Razr keeps beeping every 2 minutes to tell me I have a message? (I think)
    Last edited by hal1; 08-03-08 at 10:55 PM.
    08-03-08 10:49 PM
    Unfortunately, no you cannot. There may be a third party ap for this, but this is not an out of the box feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 10:51 PM
    Assuming I am away when a call or message comes in, can I set the curve to give me a reminder tone, like when my Razr keeps beeping every 2 minutes to tell me I have a message?
    If you enable missed call text messages, you'll get a message in your inbox that will cause the red led to flash and your new message alert to sound once, but like jenaywins said, no repeating tones.
    08-03-08 10:55 PM
    The LED indicator light flashes... a lot less obnoxious than a sound, but it gets the job done
    08-03-08 10:57 PM
    The LED indicator light flashes... a lot less obnoxious than a sound, but it gets the job done
    I've had my BB for a little over 3 weeks now, and trying to live with the out-of-the-box feature set, but as far as I'm concerned this is a major oversight. A flashing light may indeed get the job done if I leave the BB on my desk and walk away for a few minutes. But with the BB on my hip in a noisy environment where the initial vibration/ringtone can go unnoticed, a flashing light does me no good whatsoever. The result is that I routinely have to check the BB to see if I missed anything, which significantly negates the benefit of push technology.

I'm aware of at least two add-on applications that address this very issue, so I know there are ways in which I can address this for my own needs. But the very existence of these add-ons is a testament to the need for a recurring audible notification. I'm not saying that everyone wants or needs such capabilities, but I think the ability should be there out of the box.
    08-04-08 12:15 AM
    I totally agree that this should be a standard feature... As should a number of things that RIM overlooks!

08-04-08 12:31 AM
    It should be a standard feature. Hope that RIM addresses the small things soon
    08-05-08 06:06 AM
    3rd part app BB ALERTS will do the trick
    08-05-08 08:19 AM
    Can anyone recommend a good third party app for the reminder tones? Thanks! Marian
    09-04-08 09:04 PM
    Can anyone recommend a good third party app for the reminder tones? Thanks! Marian
    BB Alerts is what you need!
    09-04-08 10:07 PM
    Yeah uhhhh... The answer to your question was in the post....directly above your post.

09-04-08 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD