Hi everyone can anyone please let me know that is it possible to use Facebook app over wifi if I don't have any data plan is there any way out to use apps like vlingo aswell with wifi please let me know thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 12:52 PM
    I think you can run apps over wifi, but I believe most 3rd party apps you need to have a BIS data-plan. Occasionally, some carriers have a cheaper "Social Data-Plan", which allows you to run apps like Facebook.
    02-08-11 02:34 PM
    You cannot use the native Facebook app from RIM without a BlackBerry data plan. You would need to visit m.facebook.com whilst connected to Wi-Fi.

02-08-11 02:45 PM
    You cannot use the native Facebook app from RIM without a BlackBerry data plan. You would need to visit m.facebook.com whilst connected to Wi-Fi.

That's a lie told. I can cut my Verizon service off now and use my WiFi and still update my Facebook status and receive notifications plus send receive emails.
    02-17-11 01:17 AM
    Also can use my BBM too.
    02-17-11 01:18 AM
    turn off your mobile network in 'manage connections' and if you have added you BB to your wifi you can use that freely. I run the Tunein app through my wireless set up after turning off my mobile network as it uses 30mb per hour
    02-17-11 06:17 AM
    You guys didn't even read the OP correctly. Sheesh.
    02-17-11 08:02 AM
    From my experience you have to have a data plan. But like others mentioned can go to facebook on browser, as long as there is an icon for it, lol!

02-17-11 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD