Helloo my blackberry will not charge because the tongs inside of the place where you plug it is damaged, so i was just wondering, if you can replace that part on your blackberry or not ? Thaanks !
    Last edited by d_ancerr; 12-30-09 at 12:22 PM.
    12-30-09 12:19 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

i moved your thread (and re-titled) to the main area of the forums. More members will see it here and hopefully someone will have an answer for you!
    01-01-10 07:53 PM
    It's possible to replace the USB port, but unless you have the right soldering tools and expertise, it's probably not something you can do yourself. Google "BlackBerry Repair Service" to see some possibilities.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 08:01 PM
    I know you can buy a new one from some of the parts sites like: Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry,
    You have to have a comfort level with taking apart your Blackberry though.
    Another option is to get a charging pod. These charge your phone without using the usb connector.
    01-01-10 08:13 PM
    Is there a desktop charger made for your phone? Does your phone have the metal contacts on the bottom or backside? If so, it would be easier than replacing the port.
    01-02-10 09:08 AM
    Is there a desktop charger made for your phone? Does your phone have the metal contacts on the bottom or backside? If so, it would be easier than replacing the port.
    Thanks for sharing this! my usb port has been damaged and o2 quoted me 99 to fix it!!! they said they noticed some water damage too, but i wasnt not aware of this and it must have been so minor because ive had no problems with my phone apart from the usb port.

one person quoted me 25 to repair the usb, forget that, lol. i just purchased the destop charger for 6!!

06-23-11 01:03 PM
    Thanks for sharing this! my usb port has been damaged and o2 quoted me 99 to fix it!!! they said they noticed some water damage too, but i wasnt not aware of this and it must have been so minor because ive had no problems with my phone apart from the usb port.

one person quoted me 25 to repair the usb, forget that, lol. i just purchased the destop charger for 6!!

If your charger port is damaged, you may wanna download BlackBerry Protect to back up your data regularly. You can use the app to switch devices if your BlackBerry bites the dust or you get another. Best of all, you can set it to back you up regularly. If you've already downloaded it, good show!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD