Can I program the top button (mute?) on a Blackberry 8320 to turn on WiFi?

If so, how?

Thank you very much!
    03-09-10 09:35 AM
    No. The top button is pre-defined.

You can assign either the left or right side convience key to Manage Connections. That will open Connections so you can check the box.
    03-09-10 09:45 AM
    But you can use Versatool to do so, and you can set a click twice option for it as well. You can also setup your sidekeys for multiple clicks, and your end, and escape keys. It also does numerous other useful things. It's a decent app and not too expensive. There's a free trial as well. Look for it in the Crackberry app store. I purchased the app before my trial was even up.
    *I am not associated with the makers at all, just trying to help.
    Edit** Here's the link for your model
    Last edited by redheadincognito; 03-09-10 at 09:50 AM. Reason: forgot link
    03-09-10 09:47 AM
    Grrr...thanks. I do not want to have to have an app to do it. I just want to push a button. And I have the left set to "lock" and the right for camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 09:54 AM
    Sounds like your hands are tied then
    03-09-10 09:57 AM
    YES YOU CAN, download an app called Versatool. its pretty kick *** but, I'm not sure whatthey are charging for it and they did a review of it a few weeks back on the blogs. I beta tested it before the release and its awesome. I can assign anything to any key, sometimes with a double tap. Like, bouble tap end key and i get a google search.
    03-09-10 11:30 AM
    Grrr...thanks. I do not want to have to have an app to do it. I just want to push a button. And I have the left set to "lock" and the right for camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can hold down the mute button to place the phone in standby mode which is just like locking the phone in my opinion. That way you can use the button you have programed to lock the phone to manage connections. Problem solved, with no apps to buy....
    03-09-10 11:36 AM
    agreed but you still gotta check out the versatool app. It rocks
    03-09-10 11:41 AM
    You can hold down the mute button to place the phone in standby mode which is just like locking the phone in my opinion. That way you can use the button you have programed to lock the phone to manage connections. Problem solved, with no apps to buy....
    Good call!

Also, if you turn off dialing from the home screen in the phone options, you can hold the a/* button to lock the device as well if you still wish to lock instead of entering standby. (Both are pretty much the same.)
    Last edited by redheadincognito; 03-09-10 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Forgot Tip
    03-09-10 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD