Hello all

I'm kinda in a dilemma over how to do this. I live in Bahrain and currently have BB services domestically. I do not have international roaming as it is expensive. I wish to go to my home country India and use the local operator there by changing the sim. The local operator has BB services and I can enable them. But before that, will I lose my existing messages and emails when I change the sim and change the provider? How do I keep them? and more importantly how can I get the new emails retrieved by the new provider to go into the same folders already existing on the phone?

Is this possible?

Thank you

WBL
    04-02-10 11:06 PM
    Each of your Email account, with the exception of [email protected], are only attached to your BlackBerry with an entry in your BIS list.

When you change carriers, you add those accounts to your new BIS list.

The exception could be a problem. If your contacts use that address, it will go blank after you cancel your existing account. Generally, the account is best reserved for forwarding purposes.
    04-03-10 08:44 AM
    And if you have messages you want to keep at the BlackBerry email address Reed mentioned, forward them to another address like gmail or yahoomail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-10 08:49 AM
    I am not sure if this would work but I use Smrtguard to back up my blackberry and it works great because it backs up my contacts, memos, emails, sms, tasks. So that might be something to look into because it will restore it on a new Blackberry if you switch once it is backed up. You can have Smartguard back up daily, weekly, or monthly so it is always up to date.
    04-03-10 09:23 AM
    Each of your Email account, with the exception of [email protected], are only attached to your BlackBerry with an entry in your BIS list.

When you change carriers, you add those accounts to your new BIS list.

The exception could be a problem. If your contacts use that address, it will go blank after you cancel your existing account. Generally, the account is best reserved for forwarding purposes.
    Thanks Reed! I'll apply for BB services in my home country, add my email accounts to BIS the same way they are currently and hope to see the magic
    04-03-10 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD