Hi all! I would love to get your opinion if I should get the insurance on my BB pearl? Or would it be a waste of money?
    Thanks! I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.
    01-11-09 09:24 AM
    Get it. You never know.
    01-11-09 09:29 AM
    Yes, insurance is the way to go. It will save you money in case of something happening.
    01-11-09 09:33 AM
    I would definitely get the insurance. Asurion is a life saver!
    01-11-09 09:40 AM
    Go for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 09:44 AM
    Absolutely! I have it on my pearl, needed to use it and was SO glad I had it! You cannot live without your BB once you are hooked
    01-11-09 10:04 AM
    I'm on my BB so I can't tell what carrier you have. But on Sprint, the insurance is $7.00/mo. So, for $84 per year, you get the peace of mind of knowing that if anything happens to your BB (broken, stolen, lost), you get another one for $50. Well worth it to me. Otherwise you would have to pay the full price to replace your baby.

My opinion: get the insurance and keep it, but only until you're eligible for equipment upgrade. But, if you're like me, as soon as that happens you'll be shopping for the latest and greatest, anyway.

01-11-09 10:04 AM
    I have it and I'm glad I do. Ill probably drop it once I'm eligible for upgrade as stated above.
    01-11-09 11:23 AM
    I say definitely get it. I'm prone to being a klutz, so in my case it's more than worth it.

01-11-09 12:09 PM
    get the ins it a lot cheaper than a new phone at retail.
    01-11-09 12:15 PM
    Just saw one of our fellow Crackberry'ans post this post this on another "dropped phone" thread. SquareTrade | Great Warranty Deals on Laptops, TVs, iPods & More

01-11-09 12:19 PM
    Always get the insurance.
    01-11-09 12:20 PM
    Insurance is well worth the money. I have been burned before NOT having insurance on other phones, so now I have it on my BB and both my kids' phones too. Not taking any chances.
    01-11-09 12:23 PM
    I'm not usually a big fan of extended warranty's or additional insurance, but too many things can and do happen with BB's, so yes I have and recommend the ins. It's cheap peace of mind.

01-11-09 12:30 PM
    Well, I guess I'm the only one. I dropped my insurance. With VZW, you now get a refurbished/reconditioned phone. Also, if they no longer carry your model, you're out of luck unless you want get the model they say is the next equivalent. I'd rather save the insurance money, and get a NEW replacement phone (and the model I want) - and that's if I need it before I want to upgrade.
    01-11-09 03:53 PM
    Not true, I called them and asked if I lost my blackberry storm, what would I get...they said a new blackberry storm...WELL WORTH IT!
    01-11-09 03:58 PM
    One question I did have though....what if something happened to my storm, got it replaced with insurance and gave it to my nephew...and traded his phone for mine? Is that possible? I'm not a fan of my storm and would much rather have his phone.
    01-11-09 03:59 PM
    I have not had an insurance claim in 3 years, but the peace of mind is well worth the little bit I pay each month.
    01-11-09 04:10 PM
    Consider this:

Insurance yearly cost + Deductible (@ $50) = Is it worth it?

I am with Sprint:

$84 + $50 = $134 and not worth it for me

Rationality:

- I have been buying a new phone on average every 4 months, so if mine breaks, I will buy a new phone anyway.

- a new phone or even a decent used phone can be found for @ $200 new and $125 used

- after considering those things I would come out of pocket about $70 to replace a damaged phone for a new one or loose $10 on a used one

Best of luck to ya', do what makes sense for you.
    01-11-09 04:26 PM
    I would. Why not...

01-11-09 04:36 PM
    I've never had insurance on any phone until I got my BB Bold. If you plan on keeping your phone for a year or more I suggest getting it. If not, then I say you could go without it.

01-11-09 04:41 PM
    I have insurance on my BB and on my son's phone. Just for the fact that if either of us drop our phones, we're covered.
    01-11-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD