I've been looking for an answer for awhile so I decided to just ask you guys. I know you can get snapchat to install via snap but my question is, does it actually work on the blackberry passport? or will it just give an error and/or crash.
    01-14-16 04:39 AM
    I've been looking for an answer for awhile so I decided to just ask you guys. I know you can get snapchat to install via snap but my question is, does it actually work on the blackberry passport? or will it just give an error and/or crash.
    You didn't look very hard or at all, the answer is everywhere. Snapchat will not work on BB10 BlackBerry phones...period. Nada. The developers won't allow it. If you must have Snapchat get a Priv or any other Android phone.
    01-14-16 05:45 AM
    Yeah but I mean if you sideload "Snap" which gives you access to the android app store and all of the android apps, will Snapchat work doing that? All I've found is that most apps will work doing it this way but not all.
    01-14-16 03:16 PM
    It will not work, under any circumstance on BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 04:19 PM
    Yeah but I mean if you sideload "Snap" which gives you access to the android app store and all of the android apps, will Snapchat work doing that? All I've found is that most apps will work doing it this way but not all.
    Snap doesn't magically make things work. All it does is give you a means for easily obtaining Android apps from Google Play Store. Individual Android apps either work on BB10 Android Runtime, or they don't - Snap doesn't change that.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 04:24 PM
    Snap is an app for google play store access but using this app (and it is VERY useful) will allow you to download Snapchat, but it will not work on any BB10 device.
    01-14-16 04:25 PM
    Although SNAP is still available it appears that the developer is no longer supporting it and it is quite limited.
    A better option is to make use of the Cobalt workaround.....works great as it enables Play services. Link below.

As mentioned there is NO WAY to get the actual snapchat working on a BlackBerry device even as a ported app. My understanding is that Snapchat actively blocks BlackBerry devices.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-14-16 04:44 PM