Hi

I am on orange but when i switch my phone on and off the screen says Vodafone with a big red background. Is there anyway of changing this? to blackberry or something?

Thanks
    02-25-09 08:06 AM
    Hi,

I believe that is part of the hardware and cannot be removed. Someone may correct me, but that is how I understand it.

I hate all that vendor stuff, that's why I buy from Carphone Warehouse, their handsets are all unbranded.

Probably not the answer you were looking for but hope this helps!
    02-25-09 08:27 AM
    Laura is right, burned it is burned into the phone and cannot be removed from what I have read...
    02-25-09 10:53 AM
    Yes it comes with it. The only way is to debrand but that's something u need to search outside of these forums

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 11:05 AM
    It's possible. But at the risk of sounding condescending it's quite a harrowing process that even some people who plunk down Beta OS's on their phones are reluctant to do.

I can point you in the direction of the forums at gsmhosting.com where I found all the information I needed to do this. It's written in poor English and grammar, and not very intuitive, but it worked.

-m
    02-25-09 11:52 AM
    It's possible. But at the risk of sounding condescending it's quite a harrowing process that even some people who plunk down Beta OS's on their phones are reluctant to do.

I can point you in the direction of the forums at gsmhosting.com where I found all the information I needed to do this. It's written in poor English and grammar, and not very intuitive, but it worked.

-m
    Poor English and grammar !!!! Hehe lol ! hypocrite !

You still followed the guidelines and found em all good.

It is possible to get rid of Vodafone splash screen at start up and YOU can load any desired start up screen. Find everything at gsmhosting.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD