Got a new 9900 and it's all configurted through BES with my work email. I however would love to be able to get my gmail and hotmail on it as well. I can set the email accounts up on the phone but i can see the icons for the emails anywhere. Is this a limitation, a work restriction in the settings or something i just don't understand?

Cheers,

Guy
    08-19-11 02:34 PM
    It could be either of those reasons. What did your company IT say when you asked them about personal email? On another note, do you see the service books on the device? Do the email accounts show in the drop downs for "Default Services?" What have you done so far to try and locate these accounts?
    08-19-11 02:38 PM
    IT company are located in Norway so it's almost impossible to ask this. I am in the UK. I will check now for the service books. email accounts show under the setup for BIS services. I actually had them available until I ran the BES setup instructions out IT sent me. I have installed the Gmail app and that seems to give me access to that account. Hotmail next would be nice.

Thanks for the help.
    08-19-11 02:50 PM
    The hotmail and gmail service book are there and both are in the default services. Can I get the icons to access the emails? sorry this a new to me.
    08-19-11 02:52 PM
    Ok more investigation reveals I can see the accounts in the message folders but I can get direct access to them anymore.
    08-19-11 03:11 PM
    So my current solution for this is to use the gmail app and forward my hotmail to that account.
    08-20-11 03:15 AM
    You should be able to add any mail account to your blackberry. it is limitless. Usually the email network is in the top row of the menu of the blackberry.

How this information helps!
    08-20-11 05:58 AM
    under connections it shows I'm connected to BES and BIS. When I go setup I can see both gmail and hotmail under the accounts but they are not visible as icons on the desktop.
    08-21-11 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD