I recently upgraded from 4.3 to 4.5 for the Pearl 8120, but it's running very slowly, and the thing I upgraded for (rtsp streaming) isn't working. The instructions I've found for downgrading include going to my carrier's website (T-Mobile USA) and getting an older OS, but T-Mobile only has the latest OS available. Is there somewhere I can get older versions?

I'd also be willing to re-flash my Berry with 4.5 and see if it just "did it wrong" the first time, but I don't know how to do that, either.
    04-04-09 03:13 PM
    so you saw this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...rade+procedure
    i think the blackberry.com website has the older os's
    04-04-09 03:39 PM
    The only thing on blackberry.com I found pointed me to my carrier's site.
    04-04-09 03:43 PM
    yeah, i just checked blackberry.com and couldnt find it, and i tryed googling it and couldnt find it.. im sure someone will come along with a link for ya..
    04-04-09 03:49 PM
    Try connecting your device to DM and going to the update software section of the app loader. This screen might still show the 4.3 OS as a downgrade option if you recently did the update. Because when I go to do any update on my storm, it shows the OS the device was released with (labeled downgrade), the current official (labeled recommended) and whatever leaked beta OS as options to install.

Also, here is the link to the AT&T 4.3.0.62 OS (https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...DE5A89665EC909). Try deleting the vendor.xml file from the app loader folder and then install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 04-04-09 at 04:01 PM.
    04-04-09 03:57 PM
    Downgrading is simple if you can locate the original OS. The other option is to try a known good OS like Rogers 4.5.0.81

I have been running this on my 8120 and it has been perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD