Is there anyway i can check my bbms and text messages from the computer?

my screen turned black today and i know i have 4 bbms and 3 texts but i cant see them.

im getting a new curve tomorrow but i want to be able to see these bbms and texts.

what can i do?
    01-03-11 11:29 PM
    You can perhaps you screen simulator software such as impatica viadock or soti pro?

you could also back up IPD, then use something like ABC amber to view them.
    01-03-11 11:51 PM
    I don't think you can do it, even if you could, I believe it would be too much for a hassle.
    01-03-11 11:58 PM
    I don't think you can do it, even if you could, I believe it would be too much for a hassle.
    Do you even read? Did you just see what I posted?

The OP makes it sound like he has a broken screen, not a broken phone. The 2 software will emulate the screen, or he could get the IPD file from DM.

Please, please, please, read before posting simple "yes", "no", "good job", "great choice" posts.

I give you credit though for not posting your usual go to os 5.xx advice : )
    01-04-11 12:04 AM
    Is there anyway i can check my bbms and text messages from the computer?

my screen turned black today and i know i have 4 bbms and 3 texts but i cant see them.

im getting a new curve tomorrow but i want to be able to see these bbms and texts.

what can i do?
    If you don't have a device password set, or if you can enter it to unlock the device (as it will likely prompt for it when it is password protected) make a desktop manager backup of the broken device and before doing anything else with the new device, restore said backup to it. That should recover the messages and your contact list as well.
    01-04-11 12:23 AM
    If you don't have a device password set, or if you can enter it to unlock the device (as it will likely prompt for it when it is password protected) make a desktop manager backup of the broken device and before doing anything else with the new device, restore said backup to it. That should recover the messages and your contact list as well.
    I agree. The only thing it wont save is your BBM message those are gone unless you find a working screen simulator.
    01-04-11 01:08 AM
    I agree. The only thing it wont save is your BBM message those are gone unless you find a working screen simulator.
    Actually, if he has it set in his BBM Options to save message history to media card, he should be golden. Between restoring his BBM account to the new device and the message history on the media card, he should still have the messages one way or the other.
    (Hope he had Remote Backup set to enabled for BBM)

Now the text messages, those might be gone. Guessing there's ways to recover, but I'm not familiar. Probably varies carrier to carrier for that too.
    01-04-11 01:20 AM
    I believe that using the device switching wiz on Dm will transfer over all those texts and possibly the bbm's too, or you could make a back up and restore it and will transfer those texts over to the new phone.
    01-04-11 08:09 AM
    I give you credit though for not posting your usual go to os 5.xx advice : )

Thanks partner, I won't do it again I promised the mods
    01-04-11 08:33 AM
    Thanks partner, I won't do it again I promised the mods
    I never was, am, or will be your partner...so don't call me that either.
    01-04-11 09:32 AM
    You can perhaps you screen simulator software such as impatica viadock or soti pro?

you could also back up IPD, then use something like ABC amber to view them.
    Contest: 10 copies of SOTI Pocket Controller-Pro for BlackBerry up for grabs | CrackBerry.com

December 28th there was a contest to Win "Soti Pro"

it is $35 bucks so you really must want to BBM on the desktop
    01-04-11 10:06 AM
    Hey Guys,

Just to let you all know, we are running a sale on our site directly that started on Christmas Day and will be running until end of day January 15, 2011. We'll paste the information below from our Twitter feed (@SOTI_Inc) to list details.

Enter Promo Code: PCPROBB2011 to get your copy of SOTI's Pocket Controller-Pro for BlackBerry for 30% off. soti.net/PCProBB/Buy.aspx Ends 01/15/11.

Our software will be able to read whatever is being displayed to the screen and will display on your computer with a full skin of your BlackBerry as well. All the keys on the skin are clickable including the track pad being able to use your mouse scroll wheel. Hope that helps solve your problem, sorry to hear about your BlackBerry though.
    01-05-11 08:53 AM
    I never was, am, or will be your partner...so don't call me that either.
    Ehhhhh.....
    01-05-11 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD