i am extremely frustrated. I have been able to change it before, but now it won't work, so idk if i'm just not doing it right? I have a Tour, and want to change the font on the sites I go to. For example, google. I open my browser, click options, and change the font size & style there and save it, but it doesnt seem to be working. If you know how to fix this, PLEASE let me know ASAP. thanks
    02-10-10 02:19 PM
    most fonts/sizes are theme controlled .... change back to native theme and see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 02:21 PM
    i'm new to blackberry, so you have to speak to me like i'm a moron. what was the native theme? sorry, haha
    02-10-10 02:25 PM
    native theme would be a theme that the carrier provided on the BB.
    02-10-10 02:27 PM
    do you have any idea what that would be? cause i have no clue..haha
    02-10-10 02:29 PM
    a tour? let me think

go from the main screen > press the menu button (the button to the left of the trackball) > options/settings > theme > and choose the one from your provider > select it > menu button > save.

02-10-10 02:31 PM
    i dont think this guy has dled any other themes since he has no clue what we are talking about...
    02-10-10 02:32 PM
    i was only given one theme! now what?!
    02-10-10 02:33 PM
    make sense.... but i'm not 100% sure if the 4.7 OS will kick over to a new theme with a simple pop up like the 5.0 firmwares will.

that makes it SUPER easy to switch to a new theme with out knowing the "official how to"....

and i'm trying to keep it as simple as possible,

02-10-10 02:34 PM
    should i just reset it and see if it works? i mean i should be able to change the font in like google and stuff, right? when i change it, it says the font has changed but it stays the exact same as it was
    02-10-10 02:35 PM
    Soccer...give it a battery pull...just take your battery cover off and pop the battery out...leave it out for about 30 seconds and then pop it back it back in.

Then let us know if it is working.
    02-10-10 02:36 PM
    i've done that about 5 times, it still wont work. it's really pissing me off though
    02-10-10 02:38 PM
    When you are in the browser are you pressing the BB button and going to options> general properties> default font size: and setting it to whatever font size?
    02-10-10 02:42 PM
    yes, that's how i've done it before and it has worked. i had to turn my phone off earlier and when i turned it back on, it was changed. every time i go in to change it to the font i want, it says it saves but when i go to google or whatever site, it's the font that was loaded onto my phone when i first got it. any other ideas? i really appreciate your help
    02-10-10 02:45 PM
    i don't have any other ideas....i think a mod needs to come by and give your thread title a change to get some others in here to help.

i've never had a problem such as this...sorry...
    02-10-10 02:50 PM
    its really weird. the font size will change, but i can't get the actual font to change
    02-10-10 02:50 PM
    it's really weird. the font size will change, but i can't get the actual font to change
    02-10-10 02:51 PM
    yes, that's how i've done it before and it has worked. i had to turn my phone off earlier and when i turned it back on, it was changed. every time i go in to change it to the font i want, it says it saves but when i go to google or whatever site, it's the font that was loaded onto my phone when i first got it. any other ideas? i really appreciate your help
    you cannot change the font the websites. you can go to column view which makes everything a little easier to read. you can try Opera Mini Beta 2, which has it's own "in house" fonts that allow you to choose various sizes....

02-10-10 03:15 PM
    that's extremely weird because it's changed before. who knows though. thank's for your help!
    02-10-10 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD