Can anyone tell me how to change the default Music folder on my MediaCard from "MediaCard/BlackBerry/music" to "MediaCard/music"?

I have a BlackBerry Q10 (OS 10.2) and I have A LOT of music so most of it is stored on a MediaCard. I have found that my BlackBerry music player will only find music in the folder "MediaCard/BlackBerry/music". But some apps I use automatically download tracks to "MediaCard/music" -- I then have to manually move the files to the other folder. Needless to say this is very annoying.

I used to think it was an error with the program, but I recently discovered that on my wife's Q10 her default music folder actually IS "MediaCard/music". Meaning she does not have the same problem... but I don't remember changing this anywhere and I can't seem to find any BlackBerry setting or music player setting to change it.

Any idea how to fix this so I can get my apps and the BlackBerry music player all looking to the same folder for music?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 01:04 AM
    When you install a new sd card you should format it with the phone itself. That way the phone creates the necessary folders...
    Can anyone tell me how to change the default Music folder on my MediaCard from "MediaCard/BlackBerry/music" to "MediaCard/music"?

I have a BlackBerry Q10 (OS 10.2) and I have A LOT of music so most of it is stored on a MediaCard. I have found that my BlackBerry music player will only find music in the folder "MediaCard/BlackBerry/music". But some apps I use automatically download tracks to "MediaCard/music" -- I then have to manually move the files to the other folder. Needless to say this is very annoying.

I used to think it was an error with the program, but I recently discovered that on my wife's Q10 her default music folder actually IS "MediaCard/music". Meaning she does not have the same problem... but I don't remember changing this anywhere and I can't seem to find any BlackBerry setting or music player setting to change it.

Any idea how to fix this so I can get my apps and the BlackBerry music player all looking to the same folder for music?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 04:23 AM