We use a Sonic Wall firewall that is a reminder that my browsing is being monitored.

This happens even when I'm not near work, connected via Verizon. I get Sonic Wall complaints/blocks for sites like bit.ly and other URL shorteners.

I can easily create an open proxy, but have no idea how I can point my 8830 toward such a proxy so that I can browse without restrictions or monitoring.

Any suggestions/ideas/experiences?

TIA!

pat
    02-06-10 10:07 PM
    short answer hacking isnt allowed on the forum
    02-06-10 10:09 PM
    u need to go to freedom-x.com and register and then post this question in the mobile requests section of the forum. you're sure to find an answer there- be it yes or no...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 10:42 PM
    ^^^ Won't do anything. Your issue is that your BB is attached to your work's BES server. When that happens all your traffic is routed through the corporate Internet Gateway. So, unless you have an option to change the default browser to use Internet instead of BES, you can't get around it. There's a small chance you could use OperaMini or Bolt as a 3rd party browser to hit the websites you need, but that depends on how restricting the BES policy is.
    02-06-10 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD