Ok, so I was an Alltel customer before the Verizon bailout. At the time I had a razr. I later broke the razr and got an LG enV3 at full retail without switching plans. I recently broke the enV and my sister has promised to give me her old Alltel BlackBerry. Will this work since I still have an Alltel plan on the verizon network but have had a Verizon device?
    01-23-11 12:26 AM
    Well, Alltel has been absorbed by AT&T. People who are with Alltel are being offered AT&T phones. I am not sure if this is happening in your part of the country, but in the NorthWest, Alltel stores and employees well be converting very very soon to AT&T.
    01-23-11 12:55 AM
    In other parts of the country, Alltel was absorbed by Verizon Wireless. You would need to check.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 12:58 AM
    It you were absorbed into Verizon and are still on an Alltel plan, then you typically can activate an Alltel device on that plan. However, if you are not already on a smartphone/BlackBerry plan, you might not be able to.

If you are on a Verizon plan, then you cannot activate an Alltel device at all.
    01-23-11 07:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD