I feel like this is a dumb question but I need to ask, as the title states can a dummy phone be used for parts? I.e., the trackpad on a dummy 9650 unit.
    08-05-10 10:25 PM
    No. They have no screw holes as they are simply glued together. Also, the heft you
    feel when handling one is courtesy of weights. The trackpad I'm not sure but really
    they are quite cheap.

If you are looking to fix your device keep this in mind: It always cost less to do it
    right, than it does to do it over.

Dummy phones are mock up units.
    08-05-10 10:29 PM
    No. They have no screw holes as they are simply glued together. Also, the heft you
    feel when handling one is courtesy of weights. The trackpad I'm not sure but really
    they are quite cheap.

If you are looking to fix your device keep this in mind: It always cost less to do it
    right, than it does to do it over.

Dummy phones are mock up units.
    Thank you, I checked with cnn.cn and they said to check back next Tuesday as they are expecting the part in soon. I hope..
    08-05-10 11:16 PM
    Good deal. Definitely the way to go.
    08-05-10 11:58 PM
    With cnn.cn, expect to have to personally sign the customs declaration.
    08-06-10 12:11 AM
    With cnn.cn, expect to have to personally sign the customs declaration.
    How long does delivery from them usually take? I thought I ordered a colored trackball from them before but cannot remember. I don't remember ever having to sign for anything..
    08-06-10 12:17 AM
    Cnn is a crap shoot. They are a reputable company BUT they are based in China which is on the other side of the planet. Sometimes the shipping as a result CAN get delayed. But they are a good company.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 12:41 AM
    My 8830 keyboard took less than 2 weeks, I think more like 10 days.
    08-06-10 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD