I have a Samsung Edge 6. I have read in different postings that I can install Balckberry Hub in that telephone. The posting have stated that there is a difference in procedure depending if the telephone is rooted or not, and I have no idea if mine is or not. If it is carrier-dependent, I am on ATT.

Please give me advise on how safe such installation is, and the process to follow.

Juan
    03-14-16 10:39 AM
    If you didn't root it...

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...uired-1059855/

I would take the time to read through that whole thread... it's clear that results vary on the success of running the HUB
    03-14-16 11:08 AM
    Yes I used it on s6 edge and now on my S7 Edge works great

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-14-16 11:39 AM
    Not nearly as smoothly as on the Priv, but passably.
    03-15-16 08:33 AM
    Not nearly as smoothly as on the Priv, but passably.
    I have BlackBerry Hub on my Note 4 thanks to Cobalt. Was wondering why it would work smoother on the Priv? I've heard about some hardware shortcuts on the Priv but isn't the rest just the app itself? Failing to see the reason to buy the expensive Priv which has a non-removable battery (other than physical keyboard which I personally don't care for) when you can use Blackberry apps and keyboard on any Android device without rooting.

03-15-16 09:10 AM
    I have BlackBerry Hub on my Note 4 thanks to Cobalt. Was wondering why it would work smoother on the Priv? I've heard about some hardware shortcuts on the Priv but isn't the rest just the app itself? Failing to see the reason to buy the expensive Priv which has a non-removable battery (other than physical keyboard which I personally don't care for) when you can use Blackberry apps and keyboard on any Android device without rooting.

I'm not a programmer, so I can't really break down the "why?", but I am the owner of an S6 and the owner of a Priv, and all Blackberry apps run noticeably faster and smoother on the Priv.
    03-15-16 12:23 PM
    Doesn't make any sense. The code runs perfectly on a s6. What is running smoother on the priv?
    03-15-16 02:02 PM
    Doesn't make any sense. The code runs perfectly on a s6. What is running smoother on the priv?
    Maybe you can tell me that. The S6 is a buggy, laggy mess comparatively.
    03-15-16 04:10 PM
    Well if what you say is true then it is likely that Blackberry most likely fine tuned Android just as Samsung fined tuned it for their needs. Blackberry probably customized the OS to play well with Blackberry Hub. That is all I can think of really that is possible to do - and note that I am not a programmer either so take it with a grain of salt.
    03-16-16 12:01 AM
    As I reverse engineered the hub code I know that there is nothing special with it. It works as good or as bad on a Samsung as on a BlackBerry Priv.

People just seem to have hard feelings against everything that is not pure BlackBerry.
    Jamie Wooten, donnation and TgeekB like this.
    03-16-16 06:24 AM
    Maybe you can tell me that. The S6 is a buggy, laggy mess comparatively.
    That is completely false information. I owned the S6 for an entire year and it ran smooth as glass. Your constant bashing of every Android device except the one that Blackberry makes is ridiculous. Samsung has way more experience with Android than Blackberry and I can tell you for certain that the S6 runs smoother than the Priv does. That's fine if you think BB has made the greatest Android device ever, but your bashing other OEM's is getting comical.
    03-16-16 07:16 AM
    I didn't realize how buggy BB10 was until I started using the new Android that work got me... Motorola Droid Turbo 2.

But I wasn't happy with the BlackBerry suite of apps, had a very noticeable impact on battery life. And to be honest, I don't miss the HUB now as much as I did when I first made the switch. Do miss Blend, but I understand there are alternatives to it.

But I'm new to Android... maybe if I had deleted the other launcher and email apps, it might have been a wash?
    zephyr613 likes this.
    03-16-16 07:25 AM
    I disabled all sync settings except the ones for BlackBerry Services and Google App data and Chrome Sync. No battery impact at all.

During first setup, BlackBerry Services do quite a lot of initial work and syncing. That may cause battery drain in the first hours, but that's about all.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-16-16 07:50 AM
    That is completely false information. I owned the S6 for an entire year and it ran smooth as glass. Your constant bashing of every Android device except the one that Blackberry makes is ridiculous. Samsung has way more experience with Android than Blackberry and I can tell you for certain that the S6 runs smoother than the Priv does. That's fine if you think BB has made the greatest Android device ever, but your bashing other OEM's is getting comical.
    I think the reference was to the BB apps on the S6 specifically, not the S6 in general. I.e., BB apps run smoother on the PRIV than the S6, not the phone in general.
    03-16-16 08:08 AM
    As said, there is no rational reason why the BlackBerry apps should work better on a Priv.
    03-16-16 08:19 AM
    As said, there is no rational reason why the BlackBerry apps should work better on a Priv.
    I don't disagree.
    03-16-16 08:34 AM
    D-, incorrect. Work on reading accuracy.

Only Samsung, and our experiences differ greatly. I think LG is doing great things, Sony, Nexus. I'd take all and any of those over a Samsung. I do think the 6P is too big, but beyond that I don't have a bad thing to say outside of Samsung.

Actually, I wasn't terribly complimentary of the Classic. Far from a BlackBerry fanboy, but even farther from an Apple-East, erm, Samsung, fanboy.
    Last edited by asublimeday; 03-21-16 at 05:31 PM.
    03-21-16 05:20 PM
    I think the reference was to the BB apps on the S6 specifically, not the S6 in general. I.e., BB apps run smoother on the PRIV than the S6, not the phone in general.
    Unfortunately it was both. My wife and I owned 4 S6's over two major carriers and they were all duds at best. I also have two co-workers who can't wait to upgrade due to issues.
    03-21-16 05:22 PM
    I didn't realize how buggy BB10 was until I started using the new Android that work got me... Motorola Droid Turbo 2.

But I wasn't happy with the BlackBerry suite of apps, had a very noticeable impact on battery life. And to be honest, I don't miss the HUB now as much as I did when I first made the switch. Do miss Blend, but I understand there are alternatives to it.

But I'm new to Android... maybe if I had deleted the other launcher and email apps, it might have been a wash?
    Great phone. I had issues with the BlackBerry suite on a non-Priv as well, but I'd be careful saying that on this thread.
    03-21-16 05:29 PM