I do a lot of my transferring, adding, and updating through DM. If there was a virus on my computer; which I don't, thankfully; can it transfer to my BB? What would happen if my BB was infected with a virus?
    02-16-09 06:26 PM
    Hmm... that's a real intresting question. I would like to see the replies of this, because I'm pretty much in the same boat but I believe my computer does have a virus.
    02-16-09 06:32 PM
    In theory, of course.... If you transfer the actual infected file to your BB and open/use the said file on your BB. If you suspect a virus make sure you scan and stay clean before fooling with your BB.. As you said you are sure your system is safe so no worries... What would happen if you got a virus on your BB? :: rings the bell for a crackberry guru ::

I am guessing it would do something if its written especially for the Blackberry OS???, as far as a virus written for a specific OS (windows for instance) I am not certain if it would have any affect on a blackberry but then again I dont know a thing about blackberry operating systems. That said I will also wait for an actual guru to weigh in on this one. Theories are wrong many times, especially mine
    02-16-09 06:33 PM
    yeah, it would have to be a bb virus.. if you think of the mac versus pc crap. macs never worried about virus's because they were all written for computers people actually use.. windows based pc's
    02-16-09 06:40 PM
    yeah, it would have to be a bb virus.. if you think of the mac versus pc crap. macs never worried about virus's because they were all written for computers people actually use.. windows based pc's
    Good. Thank you. I don't have to worry about my BB doing funky stuff that viruses have computers do.
    02-16-09 06:46 PM
    But you should always take care to scan the files on your memory
    card for viruses. Even if there is nominal risk to the BB you should
    make sure you are not putting your PC at risk.
    02-16-09 06:57 PM
    Its a good idea to do frequent scans of your computer anyway. If you happened to have a virus or stray cookie it would pick it up then and you wouldn't have to worry about your bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 07:31 PM
    Hmm... I have no problems with plugging my berry into my computer to only use DM- and I always am adding new files. So my computers virus wont be a problem. I have to find out how to fix this thing... it gets on my nerves.
    02-16-09 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD