03-19-10 02:59 PM
33 12
tools
    Google Calendar syncs 2ways.

I have my BB and my wife's BB tied to the same google calendar and it will go

My 9700 > google server > wife's 8900
    wife's 8900 > Google server > my 9700
    or

my 9700 < Google server > wife's 8900

and it does sync multiple calendars

I have my Google Sync set up to sync 4 calendars,
    my Scotch Society's calendar
    and i use the "google weather" widget to sync with my phone
    US Holidays
    and my personal one that i have my wife's phone synced with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It will sync multiple calendars, but they all end up in one calendar in your phone and you can only enter appointments into one online calendar from your phone.
    03-16-10 10:40 AM
    It will sync multiple calendars, but they all end up in one calendar in your phone and you can only enter appointments into one online calendar from your phone.
    and the problem with that is?!?!?

03-16-10 11:17 AM
    Simple: the two way syncing will then put them back on the multiple calendars. That one event that should only be on that one calendar is now on all of the synced calendars.

I've also had problems with the private events not transferring to the google calendar. Major problem if that calendar is shared.
    03-16-10 11:24 AM
    and the problem with that is?!?!?

The problem is that this is Pawlu's exact complaint. She said it won't support multiple calendars, you said it will, I was just clarifying that it will support multiple google calendars, but only to a limited extent.

That obviously doesn't bother you, but it doesn't make it any less of a legitimate question.
    03-16-10 11:29 AM
    The only sync issue I have is that I have multiple linked google calendars downloading to my BB, changes to any are immediate on server and on BB but if I create a new event on my BB it only goes to my private calendar... so eventually I have to log into google to move it to the appropriate calendar
    03-17-10 08:29 PM
    My problem with gsync is even when I specifically tell my calendar to download to my gmail account but it keeps downloading and syncing with my groups for blackberry messenger. Any advise?
    I had that proplem, I had to remove myself from the BB group, then delete the sync set up with gsync..say yes to deleting events on the phone (they are still on google). Reset the gsync.. sync calendar then rejoin messenger group.
    03-17-10 08:34 PM
    Ok i just downloaded the gsync for myself and my wife but how do i get it to sync both phones without having to do it manualy? Well thanks...
    03-17-10 10:52 PM
    This os the reason I have given up on the Google sync for BlackBerry, because there are too many issues and confusion. I didn't have to do anything with my Hero. I put in s contact, it automatically syncs. I put in s calendar item, it automatically syncs. It does this automatically both ways. No problems.

03-19-10 02:59 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD