Hey All-

Would really like to switch from my current iPhone to a BB but GMail calendar integration is crucial for me. Using the Exchange set-up on iPhone I have direct, push, access to my multiple calendars.

Sorry if this is a much discussed topic. I'm a newbie here but I've read around and there seems to be some debate about whether it's a true, seemless, integration.

Thanks in advance-
    03-15-10 09:22 AM
    It's called Google Sync.

It syncronises the BB Calendar and Google Calendars.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-15-10 09:50 AM
    and it is flawless. I use it myself
    03-15-10 10:13 AM
    It's called Google Sync.

It syncronises the BB Calendar and Google Calendars.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    It's a good program, just make sure to use either the native Google BIS sync or the Google sync, one or the other, BOT BOTH, for contacts... it'll get ugly really quick if you use the native and the Google Sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 10:15 AM
    and it is flawless. I use it myself
    It's not flawless. It doesn't sync both ways. If it did, I may still own a BlackBerry device today.

03-15-10 08:17 PM
    it syncs both ways for me using Google sync.
    03-15-10 08:30 PM
    It's not flawless. It doesn't sync both ways. If it did, I may still own a BlackBerry device today.

Actually it does.
    03-15-10 08:32 PM
    Actually it does.
    I recall that It didn't. I couldn't sync my calendar two ways using Google sync. I think that It was my Blackberry calendar would not upload to the server side calendar. Am I wrong?

03-15-10 08:40 PM
    I recall that It didn't. I couldn't sync my calendar two ways using Google sync. I think that It was my Blackberry calendar would not upload to the server side calendar. Am I wrong?

You can make changes of your bb calendar and google sync will replicate on your goggle calendar.
    03-15-10 08:56 PM

It definitely syncs both ways. I distinctly remember because every time it would mis-sync something (which was fairly often), it would ruin both of my calendars
    03-15-10 08:57 PM
    You can make changes of your bb calendar and google sync will replicate on your goggle calendar.
    What If you make changes on the server side calendar, will It sync that way to your BlackBerry?

03-15-10 09:03 PM
    What If you make changes on the server side calendar, will It sync that way to your BlackBerry?

Yep it does. The only issue I had with google sync was with facebook calendar entries. But then again the problem there was with the facebook app.
    03-15-10 09:07 PM
    Yep it does. The only issue I had with google sync was with facebook calendar entries. But then again the problem there was with the facebook app.
    Then It has to be something that I was doing wrong because I couldn't get it it to work properly at all.

03-15-10 09:10 PM
    Then It has to be something that I was doing wrong because I couldn't get it it to work properly at all.

What were your issues with it? Were you using one or multiple calendars? I had been using google sync since I had my S1 and in 4.7XXX. Now once and a while the google sync servers go down for 1 to 2 days. And you won't able to sync your stuff at all.
    03-15-10 09:15 PM
    What were your issues with it? Were you using one or multiple calendars? I had been using google sync since I had my S1 and in 4.7XXX. Now once and a while the google sync servers go down for 1 to 2 days. And you won't able to sync your stuff at all.
    It wouldn't sync properly. If I had entered a calendar event on my Blackberry, I would never see it on my Google calendar. It was frustrating. And if I dis the opposite, it wouldnt work either. I had a Bold 9700

03-15-10 09:22 PM
    It wouldn't sync properly. If I had entered a calendar event on my Blackberry, I would never see it on my Google calendar. It was frustrating. And if I dis the opposite, it wouldnt work either. I had a Bold 9700

Hmm, I don't know what to say. The ony time (based from my experience) that google sync failed is when the servers are down and I get the messege "sync failed due to something"
    03-15-10 09:29 PM
    Hmm, I don't know what to say. The ony time (based from my experience) that google sync failed is when the servers are down and I get the messege "sync failed due to something"
    I guess it doesn't eralet matter to me anymore. I have an Android device now, Google syncs the way It should. I just remember the frustrations of not being able to sync my Google calendar properly. I hoe that others are having better luck than I did.

03-15-10 09:38 PM
    I guess it doesn't eralet matter to me anymore. I have an Android device now, Google syncs the way It should. I just remember the frustrations of not being able to sync my Google calendar properly. I hoe that others are having better luck than I did.

No prob. Enjoy your Hero
    03-15-10 09:43 PM
    I tried to download google sync and the link on m.google.com/sync does not work for me. It won't let me click on it. Is there another place to get it?

03-15-10 10:05 PM
    Google Sync works flawlessly for me for Calendar and Contactcs (yes, it syncs both ways). Any contacts you want sync'd to your device should be manually added to the "My Contacts" group in your GMail.
    03-15-10 10:09 PM
    My problem with gsync is even when I specifically tell my calendar to download to my gmail account but it keeps downloading and syncing with my groups for blackberry messenger. Any advise?
    03-15-10 10:10 PM
    I tried to download google sync and the link on m.google.com/sync does not work for me. It won't let me click on it. Is there another place to get it?

I am assuming you are downloading it directly from from your phone browser.
    03-15-10 10:12 PM
    I used Google Sync yesterday for my Google calendars. Works great!

03-15-10 11:28 PM
    First of all.... it only syncs ONE CALENDAR.. which is a big let down and is seriously bugging me

I have multiple google calendars, which I use for school, work, band, personal, sports, etc.....

All the calendars are synced, all right about that, but jumbled into one blackberry calendar which is not really what I want. And if I want to add an appointment for let's say, my band, which all the band sees, I'm not able to and I have to access my computer to change it from my Personal calendar to the band.

The iPhone handles 2 way contacts AND multiple calendars with ease, and it seems that RIM has NO WAY of implementing a proper calendar system.

As much as I love the BlackBerry, it seems like it no longer suits all my needs. q_q
    03-16-10 05:40 AM
    Google Calendar syncs 2ways.

I have my BB and my wife's BB tied to the same google calendar and it will go

My 9700 > google server > wife's 8900
    wife's 8900 > Google server > my 9700
    or

my 9700 < Google server > wife's 8900

and it does sync multiple calendars

I have my Google Sync set up to sync 4 calendars,
    my Scotch Society's calendar
    and i use the "google weather" widget to sync with my phone
    US Holidays
    and my personal one that i have my wife's phone synced with.

Last edited by mjneid; 03-16-10 at 07:37 AM.
    03-16-10 07:28 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD