I'd like to put a new one on my christmas list.

I'm currently using a Motorola H3, before that I used a Motorola HS801.

What I would like first an foremost in a headset is good ear piece volume. I have never had a headset that was loud enough for me, and if the person I'm talking to is also using a headset, forget it. I think part of my problem is that both of these headsets I've used don't sit in the ear at all, so the speaker is always a little ways away from my ear.

My hearing is not great, and I often work in a noisy environment. I also work outdoors a lot, and wind has always been a problem with my headsets, when it's even a little windy, the person I'm talking to can't hear me.

Other things I would like:
    good battery life
    secure, comfortable fit

I really like the jawbone, and I've heard some great things about it. Other than that, I'm pretty clueless on what's out and what's good these days.
    11-26-07 07:32 PM
    I love my Jabra BT500!!! However the Jawbone is on my wishlist!!!
    11-26-07 08:03 PM
    hmm.. the BlueAnt Z9 also looks like a nice headset.
    11-26-07 09:13 PM
    I'm using the jawbone right now and am loving it! Took a while to get the right configurations between all the earloops and earbuds, but it's really comfy!
    11-26-07 09:59 PM
    Have you tried your jawbone in a windy area?
    11-26-07 10:13 PM
    I use the jawbone and will only use it. Tip: Go to Radio Shack and buy a package of Jabra EarGels. There are three sizes(sm, md, lg) of eargels for each ear. While your there, get some glue. A few drops will hold the eargel in place on the actual headset housing and can "replace the actual" earpieces that come with the headset. I've tried talking on the headset with the windows down in my car, stereo blasting, and had very good reception for the recipient on the other end. Make sure the unit is snug against your "jawbone" for accurate activation of the headset for sound clarity. In moderate or strong winds are a diferent story. Other than wind, it's a great headset. Price? Well..."you get what you pay for, and you don't get what you don't pay for!" Try ebay. I hope this helps.
    11-26-07 10:50 PM
    There's a lot of great headsets that have been reviewed on CrackBerry. Have a look.

Bluetooth Headsets | CrackBerry.com
    11-27-07 09:54 AM
    I use the jawbone and will only use it. Tip: Go to Radio Shack and buy a package of Jabra EarGels. There are three sizes(sm, md, lg) of eargels for each ear. While your there, get some glue. A few drops will hold the eargel in place on the actual headset housing and can "replace the actual" earpieces that come with the headset. I've tried talking on the headset with the windows down in my car, stereo blasting, and had very good reception for the recipient on the other end. Make sure the unit is snug against your "jawbone" for accurate activation of the headset for sound clarity. In moderate or strong winds are a diferent story. Other than wind, it's a great headset. Price? Well..."you get what you pay for, and you don't get what you don't pay for!" Try ebay. I hope this helps.
    This. 100%. Me, too. I concur, etc...
    11-27-07 10:15 AM
    It would help if we know what device you are using. If you could update your profile to show that information, that would be ideal.

If your BlackBerry has an A2DP capability, you might check the Plantronics Voyager 855.
    11-27-07 02:22 PM
    I have tried several ( and I mean several) Bluetooth headsets and have found the following to work the best for me. The Plantronics 510 has to be one of the best. However, it is a little bulky. The 520 is much smaller and works almost as well. The Motorola H12 is lightweight and it has a noise cancelling feature. I liked the functionality of the Jawbone, but hated the way it felt on my ear.
    Last edited by cbs2669; 11-27-07 at 02:57 PM.
    11-27-07 02:54 PM
    It would help if we know what device you are using. If you could update your profile to show that information, that would be ideal.

If your BlackBerry has an A2DP capability, you might check the Plantronics Voyager 855.
    opps, sorry. I'll be using a BB 8800 once it arrives tomorrow.
    11-27-07 08:06 PM
    I just returned my samsung wep200 because of issues of it not working but I did upgrade to a blueant z9 and for $$$ they are totally worth it! Noise cancelling as well as very light! The best feature is firmware upgradeable!

Charlie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-07 12:52 AM
    I have used the jaw bone the Jabra BT 8010 and a few other motarolas and the jabra has to be the nicest head set i have ever used it has a2dp (stereo) it comes with another piece to give u sound in both ears it has an led screen from witch you check battery life view incoming calls and make out going calls all from the head set it self. dont get me wrong if your phone is not a2dp than the jaw bone is a nice piece but it sounds a little diffrent to me when im talking on it and its kinda of large both are great but the jabra is supperior
    01-23-08 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD