Hi all,

While I am aware of the fact that this question might have been asked several times, i do believe my case is slightly different.

I have had an mid-range android device for over a year, and have had a couple more before that. The last BB device i had was the Bold 9780. I initially turned to Android due to the shear amount of customization it allowed for(widgets, rooting, themes, and what not). Nonetheless, as my spare time decreased, and work and school kept me busier by the day, i realized that for the past year I have been using my Moto X for not much else than texting family/friends, checking e-mail, calling, checking Facebook sparingly, looking for places, and browsing the web.

Enters BlackBerry Classic. While visiting a friend's friend, i got to hold and examine a Classic (unfortunately it was out of battery - don't ask how i got to see it). Anyhow, no thoughts of changing my phone had gone through my mind until I felt how solid the phone feels, and it reminded me of the good days with my Bold. Good battery life, physical keyboard, simplicity, and reliability seem like enough reason to go back.

I am increasingly chased by the thought of getting the Classic. This seems like a decent enough idea given the fact that the apps I use do not go further than Google Maps, Facebook, Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Gmail, and Chrome.

What worries me is that, even though that is pretty much what i do with my phone, i have yet to see a decent app for FB Messenger, which i use the most. Web browsing, email, whatsapp, and maps should be comfortably covered by BB's equivalent apps. However, I keep reading about the lack of notifications from Android apps and the (apparent) lack of some basic apps.

I believe I have very basic uses for my phone, given that I do not use instagram, twitter, or any fancy app in my daily endeavors. I am, however, getting a Jawbone UP 24 which is supported by Android and iOS, and would recur to using it with my iPod if I can't get Jawbone's app running somehow.

Is there any insight I could get with regards to the apps I require? With the basic uses I give to my phone it seems increasingly worrisome that I would not get notifications for apps like FB Messenger.

The Idea of the Hub, flawless emailing, physical keyboard, touchscreen, and potentially high battery life, make me want to get the Classic as soon as possible, even more when I am about to start working in an office environment. I only wish I could be reassured on the reliability of the software for the few uses i give to the phone outside calling/texting/emailing.

Thanks guys, I apologize in advance for the long post.
    12-04-14 10:51 PM
    I think you should consider the Classic from what I've read. For what FBMessenger is concerned, I dunno what is your use, but you'll be probably confortable with the Hub: all FB messages go there! And you can reply from there easily ;-) or, you can consider buying a decent app for a couple of bucks..
    12-05-14 04:18 AM
    Thanks for your reply! I mainly use FB Messenger to communicate with family/friends, since pretty much all of them use it over BBM/WhatsApp/Viber etc. I had not considered the option of using the messenger tool from within FB's app. Is that realiable? Also, do you know of any decent paid app that can do the job? (working as a FB Msn client)
    12-05-14 10:28 AM
    The Hub treats fbmessenger just like any other message, so u needn't worry about its reliability

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 11:11 AM
    Yes, but how does the hub handle things like Group Chats with Facebook? With the limited exposure to BB10 (mostly with devices I've repaired), I've never tried that before.
    12-05-14 01:37 PM
    Group chats work perfectly fine in the hub! They're treated like any other chat.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 01:50 PM
    Group chats work perfectly fine in the hub! They're treated like any other chat.
    Okay, good to know. Thanks.
    12-05-14 07:50 PM