Not just with BB, but any phone. I have tried two otterbox case, a pocket holster and the factory leather case and i hate them all. I like my phone plain and in my pocket or on the desk but not in a case. I guess I will just have to deal with scratches and the risk of dropping it because I like the feel of the bold without a case. I cant be the only one on this.
    03-29-11 09:34 PM
    I've gotta Otterbox Commuter case for my 9100 but every once in a while I like to let my bb run naked.
    03-29-11 10:54 PM
    I don't like cases at all either! I think they just bulk up the phone... I only resort to a case if my phone has bad hardware damage after a while, but I still usually keep it without a case...
    03-29-11 10:55 PM
    I didn't like cases either... until I got the Seidio Innocase
    Doesn't bulk up the phone much at all. I have the Seidio desktop charger too. The case has cut-outs for the charging contacts, so I can charge the phone while it's still in the case.
    03-29-11 11:23 PM
    Drop it without a case.you will have a crackberry then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-11 11:23 PM

I dont know how true that is, I had an 8330 for a year and a few months and it took some pretty horrid drops and never cracked the case. Sure it had its share of scratches and what not but never any broken parts.
    03-29-11 11:27 PM

i've had several drops of my bb's and *knock on wood* they have all survived just fine. the only time i've had a cracked screen was with it in my pocket. i kind of like the visible scratches, dents, and various other signs of wear...
    03-29-11 11:31 PM
    Screen protector is all i need. I dropped my S2 countless times when i had it and it was seriously stable and sturdy. And my Bold seems really solid.
    03-30-11 01:03 AM
    I take good care of my Bold its been caseless since day 1 and i dont have a single scratch except for the screen which has a very minor scratch then i put on a screen protector lol i waited to order it online because i didnt wana get it from bestbuy/futureshop... but unfortunately got a scratch before that
    03-30-11 02:32 AM
    Best buy bends you over for a screen protector,why are they so expensive?

03-30-11 02:48 AM
    I do have a case on mine most of the time but the bold feels so much better naked in my hand, slim, light and extremely pocketable.

How many of you put your bold in your pocket and the forget which pocket you put it in? I know I do all the time

03-30-11 03:50 AM
    Not just with BB, but any phone. I have tried two otterbox case, a pocket holster and the factory leather case and i hate them all. I like my phone plain and in my pocket or on the desk but not in a case. I guess I will just have to deal with scratches and the risk of dropping it because I like the feel of the bold without a case. I cant be the only one on this.
    I'd prefer to keep my phone nekked, but I have change in one pocket (going jingle-ingle-ing) and keys and a pocket knife in the other, so Torch's nice screen would surely get gacked up jostling around in there all day. So I usually keep in in a holster. I've got a screen protector on it too, so maybe I'm just too anal about keeping it in good shape.
    03-30-11 04:52 AM
    I just use the holster that my phone came with and nothing else. I used to have a nice rubber "condom" that I bought from Verizon when I got my Tour last year and it was great for just like going to the gym or something where I needed something rugged.
    03-30-11 06:08 AM
    I've had gel skins, plastic clip-ons, Otterboxes and the all have their place. But for me now I prefer the raw Blackberry. I use a charging pod at work and at home and literally toss the BB at the pod all day long. I usually makes it in and starts charging. Now if they would only come up with a new 30 day battery that fit where the factory one does...
    03-30-11 06:44 AM
    I personally will not carry my phone without a case. I have purchased three cases for my Thunderbolt already. And when they release a case that is compatible with the extended battery, I'll be buying a fourth.
    03-30-11 06:54 AM

Not true, I drop mine all the time without a case on concrete no less too.

I'd prefer to have a case on and have some but with the charging pod I have to keep taking it off and it strips the tabs that keep it together so I don't bother with it anymore.
    03-30-11 06:59 AM
    I can't stand cases either, makes the phone too bold IMO. Got a few chips on my torch now though where it fell out my pocket when I got out the car
    03-30-11 07:06 AM
    I used to swear by OEM holsters. Now I just use my pocket; cases makes phones to clunky/bulky.
    03-30-11 07:11 AM
    I dont know how true that is, I had an 8330 for a year and a few months and it took some pretty horrid drops and never cracked the case. Sure it had its share of scratches and what not but never any broken parts.
    Yeah I did too. But the 8330 had an unfair advantage! It was a real PHONE...a workhorse!

Everything after it is built a bit flimsy if you ask me...compared to my 8330. I could run that thing over and it would still work.
    03-30-11 07:18 AM
    Yeah I did too. But the 8330 had an unfair advantage! It was a real PHONE...a workhorse!

Everything after it is built a bit flimsy if you ask me...compared to my 8330. I could run that thing over and it would still work.
    +1 Curve2 and Curve3G are far cries from what the original Cruve was. But keep in mind, it's the entry-level model now.
    03-30-11 07:28 AM
    No case here but I do use a pocket pouch.
    03-30-11 07:39 AM
    I think blackberry's have become much more pocketable since Rim replaced the trackball with the trackpad. Before I was too afraid I would get the ball dirty and stuck, now we have no such worries anymore.
    03-30-11 07:42 AM
    i have my on and off days with cases for my bold 9780. I had that ridiculous flimsy rubber thing from Tmo over my 9700 then moved up to the iSkin Vibes gel cases that i really enjoyed for a while but started to not like the bulk. When i got the 9780 i gave my iSkins Vibes case to my brother as we both have the same phone.

i would only use the clip on case the 9780 came with for a time. after a few light drops i purchase the Incipio Feather case. I like it its alright the phone isnt bulky but thats hardly any real protection.

I like the feel of the phone without any case on it.

And I always have a screen protector on my phone Im usually very careful with my bberry.

Yest I had my Incipio case on and today I dont. So it depends on my mood in the morning before I leave for work hahaha
    03-30-11 08:50 AM
    Naked here as well....most times. I do rock the holster while going somewhere. Also helps save battery life. Holster is beat to ****. Dog got to it, been dropped...looks like ****, lol! Phone is mint though....well some paint coming off keys....ish happens!
    03-30-11 09:42 AM
    I carry mine in the oem holster at work. In a pocket when going out. I like the phone bare when I using it. Main reasons are charging pod use, feel in the hand, and the fact that I usually swap batteries about 4:00 every afternoon. A case just gets in the way of keeping the Berry powered up.

03-30-11 09:44 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD