I am interested in getting a tablet, but not really the BB playbook, it seems like it has some issues right now which won't be worked out until the next generation, and also I'd like a larger size.

Does anyone know if the ipad 2 or upcoming 10.1 samsung galaxy tab will be able to tether with my BB bold?
    04-24-11 07:04 PM
    I am considering switching back to my bb, and would like to know if possible to tether to my iPad. Right now the Playbook isn't really for me.
    04-24-11 08:31 PM
    you can bluetooth tether to some tablets, Ipad included
    04-24-11 08:35 PM
    If you like tablet than Motorola Xoom will be well suited to you.
    Motorola Xoom tablet is one of the wonderful tablet I have seen. The Motorola Xoom tablet is world's first Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablet that has exceptional features and amazing functionality which adds bliss to your lifestyle. this tablet is loaded with dualcore 1GHz processor and integrates 1GB of DDR2 RAM and internal memory of 32GB. This Motorola tablet has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity support. It has front camera of 2 MP camera and rear camera of 5 MP for video chatting. Enjoy watching slideshows and movies with excellent 10.1 inches of HD widescreen (16:10) display that flaunts the resolution of 1280 x 800 WXGA.
    05-07-11 06:35 AM
    If you like tablet than Motorola Xoom will be well suited to you.
    Motorola Xoom tablet is one of the wonderful tablet I have seen. The Motorola Xoom tablet is world's first Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablet that has exceptional features and amazing functionality which adds bliss to your lifestyle. this tablet is loaded with dualcore 1GHz processor and integrates 1GB of DDR2 RAM and internal memory of 32GB. This Motorola tablet has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity support. It has front camera of 2 MP camera and rear camera of 5 MP for video chatting. Enjoy watching slideshows and movies with excellent 10.1 inches of HD widescreen (16:10) display that flaunts the resolution of 1280 x 800 WXGA.
    Robert_27, why resurrect an old thread just to post an irrelevant spec sheet? You haven't answered the OP's question and haven't enhanced the conversation at all. Please show some etiquette. Thanks.
    05-07-11 06:55 AM
    Robert_27, why resurrect an old thread just to post an irrelevant spec sheet? You haven't answered the OP's question and haven't enhanced the conversation at all. Please show some etiquette. Thanks.
    LOL....I thought the same thing. Way to call him on the carpet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 07:51 AM
    I guess 2 weeks makes a thread old, but yeah the guy didn't add anything.
    05-07-11 08:08 AM
    The answer is yes. Well at least for the ipad+ipad2. Check out the how to fourms, there is a great walkthrough. I'm on my mobile and can't search + link for you, sorry

05-07-11 07:32 PM
    I'm bringing a dead thread back to life here, but I wanted to know if any of you guys have ever tethered a samsung galaxy tab successfully with the program called tether... I want to purchase one, but this is the only thing holding me back at the moment.
    07-05-11 11:06 AM
    You probably should check with tether last I knew they didn't have an android app unless it's for your phone. However there may be other ways to accomplish this but I'm not familiar with android.
    07-05-11 11:10 AM
    I wasn't able to figure it out how to do with the HP Touchpad - according to the forums for the touchpad, it wasn't possible. I also have done a search for the Xoom and tethering to a Blackberry phone (9700) and all I see online is frustration regarding it.

I'm giving thought to purchasing the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 but being able to tether to my phone is extremly important. I love it on my Playbook so much that it's a requirement before I purchase another tablet.
    08-21-11 02:16 PM
    you need a phone with hotspot
    08-21-11 02:53 PM
    you need a phone with hotspot
    So that's a no to a blackberry phone then

08-21-11 05:15 PM
    haha they are "suppose" to have that feature on them but i dont think the software allows for it yet
    08-21-11 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD