View Poll Results: Your camera status....

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't have a camera phone because I can't have one

1 4.17%
  • I don't have a camera phone because I don't want one

1 4.17%
  • I don't have a camera phone but I want one

1 4.17%
  • I have a camera phone, but I shouldn't

0 0%
  • I don't really care if I have a camera phone

1 4.17%
  • I want, and have, a camera phone

20 83.33%
    Just trying to get an idea of how many people out there specifically don't want (or can't have) a camera phone.

When I went shopping, a phone without a camera was the #1 priority for me. My job requires me to go into a lot of manufacturing facilities, and about 75% of them have "No Camera" restrictions (and a few got sick of trying to figure out whether you have a camera, so they ban cell phones completely).

The selection of phones without cameras is very sparse, even though the sales people say they get a lot of customers who don't want/can't have phones. Fundamentally, that's why I fell into my BB - the 8830 is the only smart phone Verizon offers without a camera.

Anyway, vote away....
    09-17-08 01:16 AM
    i have my curve. but it doesn't really matter if i have a camera or not. i'ved an 8800, 8700c, 7290, 7100i with nextel, and 7250. so it doesn't matter. as long as its a blackberry.
    09-17-08 12:13 PM
    I call on accounts with such restrictions and simply lock the BB in the car. No big deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 12:19 PM
    I use mine for fun/personal use so of course I want a camera!
    09-17-08 03:01 PM
    88xx is the wisest choice for anyone who has restrictions like that.

I also know that some fancy companies WILL give you a corporate Curve, but will lock out the camera function through BES.

I'm fine though, nothing I am doing at the moment is restricted with either of my jobs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 03:28 PM
    I like having a camera phone because i can take a picture at any moment if i need to... but for trips and vacations i always take my Lumix just in case.
    09-17-08 03:32 PM
    the camera on my curve is the only one i have! i love it! takes great pics and is always with me!

i usually save my pics to photobucket right from my bb or i take the memory card to wally world to print them out!
    09-17-08 03:34 PM
    We used to have a no Camera Phone rule and then an exec with a new corporate BlackBerry with a camera was spotted and security had to take his conpany owned device away due to the rule. The rule changed quick!
    09-17-08 04:48 PM
    I'm too young to work so I'm lovin' my Curve camera!
    09-17-08 05:29 PM
    i just dont get phones without a camera. when i was a teenager like 4 years ago everyphone someone wanted was a camera because they all thought it was so cool to have a camera in your phone. now its all about the keyboard and everything which i love my blackberry for
    09-18-08 06:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD