Has anyone figured out how to connect a Blackberry to a Camera whether digital SLR or Point and Shoot? I'm wanting, if possible, to pull images off my cameras for uploading to my blog via the BlackBerry while I'm on the road doing my destination weddings and such.

I'm thinking it has to be possible since cameras can act as external storage devices when tethered to a computer and so can the BlackBerry. Perhaps it's just a matter of the correct protocol for communication, but unfortunately I'm no software engineer.
    06-01-09 05:36 AM
    Depending on the media card format of your DigiSLR; you could swap cards back and forth, but I do not believe that is what you are looking for.

As for hooking the BB direct to the camera with a USB, in hopes to read / transfer images, that will not work. Both devices are 'Mass storage devices' and will require a host machine to read them. Neither of these acts as a host. Think of them as harddrives/flashdrives only.
    06-01-09 05:49 AM
    No unfortunately I can't do media card swapping because my SLRs use CompactFlash and my BB uses microSD. I wish I could though as that would be simplest. I have yet to come across an adapter that turns big into small. The other way around, however, are in plentiful supply. hah.

Yeah I'm thinking the BB could be a host with the right smart programmer working on it (after all, it really is a little computer). It's already a host for the microSD card. I would think it could be for USB attachments as well.
    06-01-09 06:01 AM
    I think you would find that the BB lacks the neccessary USB host hardware to accomplish this.

There are different hardware requirements for usb devices for their intended roles (master vs slave).
    06-01-09 06:52 AM
    It's possible. That's why I'm also looking at Bluetooth options. I haven't found anything viable yet. However, I recently learned that the BB can be tethered to a laptop for full internet so I can use that option...ie camera to laptop to blog/website via BB. Downside is I need the laptop but I usually have it with me when I travel anyway.
    06-08-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD