How much foundation do you wear and how close do you hold the phone to your face till it can get stuck on the trackball? :O
    05-13-08 02:53 PM
    Why don't people just use a bluetooth headset? I simply can't understand why I see so many people driving, walking, or whatever with a phone pasted to the side of their heads. Come on, this is not that difficult. You could have a small wireless device that leaves both hands free for whatever. Much much safer, much more convenient, arms don't get tired, you can set the phone down and walk a short distance away, etc. Plus...no makeup problem. it's really not that complicated. Frankly, I'm baffled why so many people refuse to even consider it...or could it be that some really don't know much about them?

Oh, and be sure to keep your balls clean. Otherwise, they'll get sticky and then they're hard to use.
    Last edited by LuvMyBB; 05-14-08 at 12:38 AM.
    05-13-08 06:14 PM
    i dont think a bt headset will reduce radiation any because again its running on a radio freq. just like your phone is. but idk 4 certain that it does or it doesnt
    05-14-08 02:08 AM
    How much foundation do you wear and how close do you hold the phone to your face till it can get stuck on the trackball? :O

haha i dont wear a lot! its just the fact that the trackball is white and that foundation is anything but! i just am paranoid and i wont want to take it apart to clean it! i have been using my headset in the car though, and talking with the phone further away from my face.....
    05-14-08 04:01 PM
    Why don't people just use a bluetooth headset? I simply can't understand why I see so many people driving, walking, or whatever with a phone pasted to the side of their heads. Come on, this is not that difficult. You could have a small wireless device that leaves both hands free for whatever. Much much safer, much more convenient, arms don't get tired, you can set the phone down and walk a short distance away, etc. Plus...no makeup problem. it's really not that complicated. Frankly, I'm baffled why so many people refuse to even consider it...or could it be that some really don't know much about them?

Oh, and be sure to keep your balls clean. Otherwise, they'll get sticky and then they're hard to use.
    I don't use one because I think it looks stupid. Plus people walking down the street talking on their phones with a headset look crazy.

Driving is another story. I don't like people driving and talking on their phones. I haven't driven in months, since I moved to Chicago, so there really is no reason for me to have a headset. If your arms get tired holding a phone to your head, you should probably spend more time in the gym and less on the phone.
    05-14-08 04:04 PM
    i dont think a bt headset will reduce radiation any because again its running on a radio freq. just like your phone is. but idk 4 certain that it does or it doesnt
    There are no more radiation from your phone, than that which emits by any other electrical equipment. Your personal Computer, the computer in your car, the TV at home, the power lines overhead. Everything electrical emits RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) it's all around us everywhere.
    05-14-08 04:18 PM
    There are no more radiation from your phone, than that which emits by any other electrical equipment. Your personal Computer, the computer in your car, the TV at home, the power lines overhead. Everything electrical emits RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) it's all around us everywhere.
    I think the issue is with it being right next to your head hehe. You don't put your TV next to your head.
    05-14-08 04:25 PM
    IMHO ... Ladies/Girls, y'all look purdy enough already without the foundation. And, even purdier with y'all curves!
    05-14-08 04:26 PM
    CrackBlack has a smart Mom - she taught him well!!

Check out the Bare Minerals make-up. Doesn't seem to smear off and feels nice on your skin. As an added benefit, it has a SPF built in.
    05-14-08 04:49 PM
    i just go tanning in the summer, then i don't need a foundation LOL! But the glitter and other makeup does worry me. I clean my ball every day with an alcohol pad LOL. a clean berry ball is a happy berry ball.

also for cleaning makeup or anything...the Mr clean magic eraser is amazing!! i have a white macbook and the palm rests get dirrty from everyday use and the magic eraser makes it white and perty again!! I live by that...

those and tide to go sticks
    05-14-08 06:04 PM
    I don't use one because I think it looks stupid. Plus people walking down the street talking on their phones with a headset look crazy.
    I agree!! I think it looks so ******** and sometimes i think people are talking to themselves when they are on Bluetooth. I might get one for the car though...no one really sees me in my car!!
    05-14-08 06:06 PM
    Yep, I had that problem that's why I had to get a bluetooth ear piece.
    05-14-08 06:10 PM
    I have the same problem. I end up cleaning my bbaby alot because of it. Does anyone use any of the long lasting foundation that is not suppose to smudge? I wonder if that would work.
    Sure, I found a Mary Kay foundation that doesn't rub off. Comes in the sqeeze tube....forgot the name they have several. I also keep the phone away from face, only the ear piece touches as much as it can. I also use an overlay on my BB.
    05-14-08 06:48 PM
    For those of you who think wearing a bt headset looks dumb/********/etc., I understand the sentiment...I really do. You get some funny looks at times, and you have to point to the headset on occasion to let people know what's going on.

But I hear lots of people saying it doesn't matter if you have a red BB, crimson, pink, whatever, because it doesn't matter what other people think. So why does it matter how it looks if you're wearing a bt headset when it doesn't matter what color it is? Isn't this another example of insecurity wrt what other people think? Is this a double standard?

Moreover, as they become more common, people will think less and less of how "********" it looks. I see more and more of them every day it seems. And I get fewer and fewer strange looks. Especially for those of you in large, urban areas, I would think this was almost a non-issue.

Finally, my arm doesn't get "tired" holding a phone to my head, as in I'm that badly out of shape. But why hold a phone to your head for two hours when you can be handsfree? Just doesn't make sense to me. (Epiphany: I can use my bt headset and pump some iron at the same time so that when I DO have to hold the phone to my head, I'll be prepared!)

I've been using some type of bt headset for amost four years now, and I can't imagine not having one. But to each his own...whatever works for you. It's all good!
    05-14-08 08:34 PM
    This radiation issue has been around for more years than some of you have been alive. About 30 years ago my husband bought me a microwave and my mother-in-law had a fit. She said it would cause our two girls to not be able to have children because of exposure to radiation. We have 6 grandchildren!
    05-15-08 12:23 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD