Yes you heard me correct, I want android on my pearl and will pay you a handsome amount of money for doing so, I know allot of people will say its impossible but its not, I havnt even seen any attempts at the hardware hacking/firmware hacking. I just want to see the possibility of this
    Also any links/info on crews that are doing bb hacking would be appreciated in this thread!
    Thanks
    d e f c o n
    Last edited by Defconoii; 09-24-08 at 05:28 AM.
    09-24-08 05:26 AM
    This has been asked on another bb forum and they said the software WILL not work on the bb. Buy an HTC device because the software is being developed for an HTC device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 06:52 AM
    Android is NOT supported on the RIM platform. There is no evidence the chipset and firmware will even support a non-RIM OS.

The only way it might to happen is if you sponsor the complete cost to attempt development for a full new OS and applications package. Think at least six or seven figure cost, and probably minimum 1 year in professional development. Now consider that your 81 series Pearl will probably be obsolete before it is completed (or the attempt fails).

Finally factor in the cost of a new FCC approval before you are allowed to use it.
    09-24-08 08:12 AM
    Hey while you're at it why don't you ask for a port of the iphone OSX onto the BB as well.

/sarcasm

What a silly request.

09-24-08 11:32 AM
    I'd be amazed if it would work, architecture is SO different!!
    09-24-08 11:42 AM
    i would help you if i knew how
    09-24-08 04:26 PM
    Yeah its not gonna happen

09-24-08 08:23 PM
    Hey while you're at it why don't you ask for a port of the iphone OSX onto the BB as well.

/sarcasm

What a silly request.

Why do that? The other way round, I can see ...
    09-24-08 08:37 PM
    Sorry charlie, no go.

And for future reference, blackberries cannot be "hacked," which has also been discussed more times than I can count on my hands and feet.

09-24-08 08:37 PM
    Hmm, I do not understand what the OP is looking for here. Or why for that matter.
    09-24-08 08:51 PM
    Hmm, I do not understand what the OP is looking for here. Or why for that matter.

he wants to put android on a pearl

no clue as to why
    09-24-08 09:03 PM
    he wants to put android on a pearl

no clue as to why
    Yeah, I got that part. I guess I am just confused "good kid."
    09-24-08 09:16 PM
    Yeah, I got that part. I guess I am just confused "good kid."

ahahahaha

im an angel!
    09-24-08 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD