I just got a new blackberry phone and when someone calls me it shows up as "unknown caller" even though i have their number saved in my phone. I cant figure out how to get the caller ID to work and its annoying to ask "who is this" every call.
    03-03-10 09:30 AM
    If you are getting "unknown caller" on ALL calls then the problem is with your carrier, in that they haven't implemented Caller ID on your phone. Your phone is not getting the caller ID info, so it can't display the contact info. Check with your carrier.
    03-03-10 09:39 AM
    I agree with Tiassa sounds to me like you don't have the Caller ID feature on your account.
    03-03-10 09:41 AM
    I have same problem using rogers carrier...but only some contacts...I have an unlocked storm and only some contacts show unknown (even when saved) and some work...but with my bold 9000 which is rogers locked...it works perfectly every number/contact. I wanted to go back to my bell unlocked storm but want to fix this issue first. Can anyone tell me what to do?...call rogers or take it to a unlocking place to properly unlock it...I unlocked it using an unlock code online.
    12-25-10 03:55 PM
    Be sure that you are entering the area code (xxx) xxx-xxxx to be sure that there is no error on your part. I have found that with BlackBerry, you need to do this to be sure that all contacts show up properly. Local numbers are the worst, as you would figure that they would show up correctly, but don't.
    12-25-10 05:11 PM
    Also check Menu/Options/Phone Options/Smart Dialing. Area codes, country code and dial 1 for national calls should be set appropriately.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 07:01 PM
    Your carrier should have added on Caller ID, if not, call them and have it added on. It's an extra since your plan doesn't have it offered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-10 01:42 PM
    If you do not have Caller ID included in your plan, your calls will not show the caller name on the BlackBerry.
    12-26-10 05:23 PM
    Also, If they are blocking their number you will not get it on caller ID not matter what you do.
    12-26-10 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD