I have a BB curve. For whatever reason when I receive a phone call from a person in my address book only the phone number appears on the screen. No name pops up, just the number. This is very frustrating. This is my second BB curve and I never had this problem with my other BB. I have been in options and setting looking for something to help but can not find it. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!
    02-26-09 02:00 PM
    If you have Content Protection enabled in your Security Options, and you have the Address Book included in the Content Protection, then Caller ID won't be able to look up the name in your Address Book. That's most likely what's happening. Check Options / Security Options / General Settings / Content Protection and ensure "Include Address Book" is set to No.
    02-27-09 07:47 PM
    Yeah, what he said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 10:04 PM
    If you have Content Protection enabled in your Security Options, and you have the Address Book included in the Content Protection, then Caller ID won't be able to look up the name in your Address Book. That's most likely what's happening. Check Options / Security Options / General Settings / Content Protection and ensure "Include Address Book" is set to No.
    I have everything you have said set in there, but I also have the problem of no name on the caller ID
    03-01-09 03:22 PM
    Do you get the name for any caller? Is the person who is calling you listed in your Address Book? Cell phone Caller ID works with your Address Book. If the number doesn't match a name in the Address Book, the number is all you'll get.
    03-01-09 03:27 PM
    No, they are all people in my address book But all I get is the number. My call log will properly ID them
    03-01-09 03:37 PM
    It really sounds like you have the Address Book included in your Content Protection. Check that again, and make sure it is NOT included in the Content Protection. If you change it from Yes to No, be sure you save the change when you exit.

I can't think of any other explanation for what you are describing.
    03-01-09 03:41 PM
    It was always set to no....maybe I can put it on, and turn it off to trick it? o_O

Ill try a couple of other things too...Im thinking maybe since I have another line forwarded to it and some people may use that number...time to grab a someone else's phone and see o_O
    03-01-09 03:43 PM
    You've got me stumped. When you figure it out, please post the solution.
    03-01-09 03:47 PM
    Ok, that was weird...I used the FH's cell...and it worked fine this time...

a couple of my friends called, but their names didn't come up just their number....

I give up LOL!!!!

No Im not giving up...Im just gonna track who is calling and if any info does show up...then see if there is something common with all of them
    03-01-09 03:47 PM
    Do you have any duplicate names or numbers? Sometimes that is the problem.
    03-01-09 03:52 PM
    Do you have any duplicate names or numbers? Sometimes that is the problem.
    After dinner, Ill go thru my contact list and see if anything looks "off" about their set up...

...Or maybe the BB doesn't like some of my friends...its not outside the realm of possibility....
    03-01-09 03:54 PM
    It really sounds like you have the Address Book included in your Content Protection. Check that again, and make sure it is NOT included in the Content Protection. If you change it from Yes to No, be sure you save the change when you exit.

I can't think of any other explanation for what you are describing.
    On my Bberry Storm, I do not have the "General Setting" option available. So I can not force content protection either way. I'm behind our Corp BES and when my Bberry is idle and is automatically password protected, none of my address book ID's show up when someone calls, What gives??
    03-07-10 11:22 PM
    now im having that same issue on my torch. is there a solution for this?
    09-06-10 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD