I desperately need a call recorder for my BlackBerry Curve, can any one tell me from where i can get this application???
    08-26-08 03:47 AM
    I don't know of software to do that but there is a hardware cell tap product available from JK Audio
    08-26-08 07:13 AM
    I would be a little careful in doing this some places have different laws on this. If you record a conversation and try to use it against them you may come under some legal action. I would do a little research on your laws first before recording conversations. Just a thought
    08-26-08 08:01 AM
    As I remember it, this has been discussed. The answer I found was that BB's do not allow call recording. MBW's link seems the most feasible aside from buying a $40 voice recorder and having a speakerphone conversation.

And to reinforce addict's post.... some states do have laws against recording, and some are more lenient. Here's a place to start:

Phone Recording Law: Legal Guide on Recording Telephone Conversations
    08-26-08 10:10 AM
    I have got query from few operators for the same application and its not that one should always use that for unfair means. i need to have this application to record my customer requirements in DBs.. Please check if some one gets it...
    08-27-08 04:54 AM
    Hi Everyone

I just heard on the grapvine of a company based out in the British Virgin Island that are developing a Blackberry Call Recorder.

The site is no yet live but the roumour is that they will have a client that will silently recorord all calls incoming and outgoing.

Also it encrypt the calls in a local database on the phone and upload to a secure server. The webiste it wwwdotBlackberryCallRecorderdotcom when I last check it it was not live but I have been told they are getting ready for a launch during October.

I hope its is true cause I would hate to change to a nokia phone.

ZaK
    08-13-10 04:04 PM
    Hey guys,

I know that some of you are interested in Call Recorder app for BB. Currently I am working on it. I am using RIM Java Development Environment 6 and have jar file. The last step is to convert jar file into COD file so that it runs on BB. However, I encountered with a problem while converting the jar file to code file using RAPC Import function. I am struggling a lot to solve it, but in vain. Can anyone help me with that?

Here is what the function gives when I try to convert it.
    This is the function:
    rapc import "JDE_HOME\lib\CallRecord.jar" codename=MIDLet_NAME -midlet jad=JAD_NAME.jad jar=JAR_NAME.jar)

Here is the result:

~CallRecord.jar~

The question is why there is "~" sign both at the beginning and at the end of the file name??
    How to remove it?

Thanks in advance,
    05-12-12 03:29 AM
    I couldn't find a call recorder and instead I use my playbook

I put the person on speakerphone and place the phone on the playbook and use voice recorder. It's actually really good
    05-12-12 07:31 AM
    I'd actually like to have an app for this too. Wayyyy back in 2006(?) my Palm phone had an app that would record both sides of the call and save it as an audio file to whatever folder you specified. Auto start when you hit send or when the phone rang, you could select/unselect a "beep" every 5 seconds to let the other party know it was being recorded, etc. Also had the option to hit menu and stop recording whenever you wanted.

It was really helpful when speaking to people as I was driving - I didn't have to write things down. Plus which, as an LEO, folks are much more likely to blurt stuff out over a phone conversation that they'd hesitate to say in a face to face convo with a recorder running. Tripped up several people trying to claim they never said things that way.

As for the privacy issues, it's like recording your home phone or having a tape recorder in your shirt pocket - it's up to the person doing the recording to ensure they follow applicable laws. Ohio is a one-party consent state, so if I'm recording, obviously I've consented and that's all I need. ANYTHING can be used illegally...cars and alcohol are both good in moderation, but you can't combine them. We're too quick to jump on the "He MIGHT use it illegally" bandwagon, instead of providing support for a perfectly legitimate idea with plenty of lawful purposes.

I'm toying with the idea of trying to build such an app for the BB10 phones. Hopefully someone will beat me to it, and I'd gladly pay to purchase their app if it does the things I've described above.
    05-12-12 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD